Chapter Forty-One

Updated on: 20th Mar' 20

Chapter Forty-One - Being Named As A Date.

-----

GRACE'S POV

I opened my eyes and light hit my eyes through the curtains. I sighed. I still felt a lot sleepy as I was way too tired yesterday, but I woke up and yawned. I got up but closed my eyes and walked towards the bathroom door, but suddenly I was on the ground.

I groaned loudly and looked to see my foot stuck on one of the straps from my footwear which were on the floor. I shook my head and sighed at my clumsiness. But I heard a loud laughter that echoed in my room.

Alex stood there ready in his suit and setting his tie. I gave him a poker face and stood up and dusted myself and folded my hands because he was still laughing. It's not like he wasn't looking handsome while he was laughing, but he was laughing at me.

"What's it to laugh?" I finally muttered with a sulky face.

"Nothing more than the fact that you even fall because of footwear." He commented and left like there wasn't much to say. I groaned and went to take a bath and get ready for the office.

-----

I was done with my shower. I wrapped the baby-pink towel around me and walked out with a towel on my head for my wet hair. I opened my closet door and I was shaking. I found tons of clothes filled in it. It was empty until yesterday and now it was overflowing.

I recognized the clothes from yesterday and I realized that these clothes were for Alex's date.

That word made my taste buds feel a bitter taste in my mouth. I felt irritated.

"Alex!" I yelled loudly not caring if he'd get angry or not. He came rushing down to my room with a surprisingly calm face. I was almost blowing hot air from my ears and he was calm as a sea. It only over angered me.

"What?" His tone calm and collected.

"Aren't these clothes for your date?!" I asked him pointing at the filled closet. He walked towards me and I almost felt the room a little small and temperature hot.

"Yes, they are." He answered.

"Then what are they doing in my closet?! Give it to her, I don't want to see them!" I almost screeched at him looking anywhere but him. He just blinked at me.

"I did give it to her." He stated and I let out a breath. I shut my eyes trying to calm myself from bursting on him. It wasn't long ago that we were fighting and I didn't want to go through that again.

"Then what are they doing in my closet?! Are these the ones she didn't like?!" I said with a sour tone.

"I don't know if she likes the dresses or not. She is only yelling at me that I filled her closet with dresses." He answered with a shrug.

"How is she yelling when these clothes are here, in my closet?!" I finally yelled at him, losing my calm.

"Well, aren't you yelling at me?" He asked and messed me up even more.

"What does it even concern if I am yelling at you...these clothes are for your date, and not..." I paused and it went silent, I mean like pin-drop silence. I felt my heart stop for a second, too.

I finally dared to look at him and my heart beat faster than necessary. My breath was shallow and quickening and he just stared back at me. He smirked and it was getting wider by the time.