Chapter 15|everyone's happy..right?| + a/n

*2 years later*
It is June, everyone is still in one home, but moved to a large estate where they had miles of fields to roam.
Tinner was lying on the back porch, yawning and stretching. His Golden Fur glistened in the wind, and he loved the cool breeze. He kinda smiled, and Liola laid down beside him. The Border Collie looked over in concern, "Everything alright, Tinner?" He raised up and nodded, "Yeah, I'm doing fine." He stretched, his tail curling as the young dog got the urge to run and play.
"I'm gonna go ask C. if he wants to go and play, you can come along if you'd like." Liola nodded, sitting up and following after him. They both switched the settings on their collars to be where it wasn't barking, but English (and Norwegian-) so the others could understand what they requested.
They pranced into the house, being greeted by a large, grey and speckled Cat. He grinned, "How's it going, Love Birds?~" Ringo purred, having that smile of his. It made Liola giggle,but simply ignored it as just teasing.
They brushed passed him to meet with Tord's door open, him lying on his bed messing with a small cube. He sat up, patting the Bed. Tinner jumped up, Liola just sitting at the doorframe.
"Creator, can we go and explore the other fields?" Tord felt a lump form in his throat. "Thee, uh, Other fields?" Tinner nodded, "Yes." Tord cleared his throat to speak, "N-No, we can go and see those ones," Tinner's smile faded. He had hope to go and see it, but didn't understand why he couldn't.
Was there something that was meant to be secret? Or was Tord just scared that Tinner and Liola would get lost? Tinner couldn't go figure it out, though.
"Oh, okay. Can we at least go walking and play?" Tord smiled, barely, and got up, signaling that he would do as he just secretly promised. Tinner jumped off, letting Tord hurry off his hoodie and wrap it around his waist, which revealed his grey t-shirt.
He grabbed Tinner and Liola's leashes, and asked Tom if he wanted to come along, but he was busy reading. He decided to leave him to it, but told him where they would be at if he ever finished a chapter or something. Tom nodded, going back at his book.
Tord clipped the leashes to Tinner and Liola's collars, leading them out the door. They just walked through a field, and Tord unclipped their leashes. Tinner started to run around, barking and jumping like a Deer.
  Tord chuckled, but Liola just followed. She sat down under a tree as Tord threw a frisbee, Tinner jumping up and barking, catching it and brought it back. Tord threw it again, and Tinner ran, then jumping and missing the Frisbee. He went to go find it, and ended up going deep into the woods. Liola jumped up, whining and then running after him. Tord face palmed, walking after them, calling for them.
Tinner was scrambling up a tree, grabbing the frisbee and hopping down. He pranced up to Tord, dropping it at his feet and sitting down, panting and wagging his tail. "Here you are, Sir."
Tord frowned, "You can call me Tord, y'know." "Okay!" Tinner sat there for a moment. "..t-tor..Tord." He suddenly spoke, and it scared Tord for a moment. He pat Tinner's head, and then realized all of the burrs and stuff in his hair and on his shirt and pants. He sighed, dusting himself off.
Tinner grabbed the frisbee and Liola followed, them walking back to the home which they all belonged to. Tord ran after them, and made it to the house first. They playfully growled, and tackling him to the ground, licking him all over his face and then helping him back up.
Tord giggled the whole time, and he opened the door to see Bliz, Harley, and Bola were all lying next to their bowls, waiting to be fed. Edd was grabbing the food, pouring it in their bowls and Tinner along with Liola all walked over, eating quickly. Their water was refilled, too.
  Tord just walked to his room, and he closed his door. He sighed, sliding down the door with his back. He fell to the floor, his head hitting the door. He fell over to the door frame, sighing again. He huffed, suddenly at fault of a few things.
  He got up, walking to his bed and looking under it, moving his covers up and digging under it. He soon found a large box, which contained a old sweater and a long, felt coat. He also found a bunch of pictures, ones that was of when he was in the Army, to when he was younger, to ones of him just by himself and looked so..tired and pathetic.
  Those words dug into him, like they were bullets or knives. He just sighed, letting tears slip out between his eyelashes, which were longer then when he was younger, his hair flattened out, no longer with their signature horn-like style.
  I was pretty pathetic..always been pathetic, and always will be. He thought sourly, his nose scrunching up and then his head laid on the mattress. He sighed, ignoring the knock at his door. "T..Tord?" It softly spoke, and knew it was Tom.
  "Y-Yes?" Tom opened the door, seeing Tord sitting there, his head hung and starting to silently sob, sniffling and laid on his side. Tom walked in and closed the door behind him, sitting down next to Tord.
  He pulled him into a hug, Tord sobbing into his chest. "I fucked up, Tom, I-I fuck-fucking messed up.." Tom tried to hush him, "They're never c-coming back..and I-I didn't even s-s-say..g...goodbye..." He was talking about Pau and Pat, the two men who took him in. The two men who covered him as he ran as abandoned the base. The two men that died thinking of each others' safety.
  He looked up at Tom, tears standing his cheeks. "W-Will you t-t-t-take me to see t-them..?" Tom nodded, getting up and letting Tord grab his hand. Tom led him to his car, Tinner and Bola coming along. They hopped in the back while the two sat up front, finding the Graveyard that they were both buried in. Tord didn't even get to go to their funerals, even though it was short and hardly anyone was there.
  They soon pulled up at the gates, Tord holding back tears and was shaking. Tinner followed behind Tord, trying to comfort him as they made their way to their graves. Their graves were together, and it had their pictures above their names.
   Tord collapsed to his knees, sobbing as Tinner laid down at the graves, and Bola did the same, but next to Tom. She whined, looking up at Tom. He scratched her behind her ear. He sat next to Tord, wrapping his arm around Tord.
  Tord covered his face while getting out the few words, "I-I-I-I'm sorry..I-I'm so s-s-sorry..." And he just fell to his side, sobbing and curling up. Tinner huffed, looking around the Grave, sniffing it and rubbing against it. He sniffed around where they allegedly were buried, but Tinner didn't know.
  He then caught ahold of a certain scent, something that wasn't the two he knew and remembered well. It was strange, cologne-like, and it didn't smell like the two. He sniffed more, and it was less-likely to be the actual Pau and Pat.
  He nudged Tom, coughing up a paper and Tom grabbing it. It had the results of the actual people in it. Their names were Ariel and Benjamin Martinez. They were a nice couple that served in the Red Army, but lost contact of each other once one of them passed.
  And the other passed by grieving themselves to death. Tom felt bad for them, but was silently freaking out. He figured it wasn't the time to tell Tord, he seemed like he couldn't handle it. And Tinner could've been wrong, and they just masked the smell of the two buried below. Bola jumped up, sniffing, too, and barked at him, causing Tord to tense. Tom shushed her, and she dug as the ground, and Tinner caught on as to what she was doing.
  He helped her, and Tord sat up, growing angry, rage-ful, actually. He wanted to choke the two dogs and smash their heads together and bathe in their blood and wear their fur and play with their insides..but he didn't. He just stood there, face redder then a tomato, and gritted his teeth.
  Tinner didn't stop, dirt was flying everywhere, but Bola just sat there. She stared at Tord, afraid and frozen in place. His nails were dug into his palms, but he said nothing.
  He just stood there, quiet yet loud, angry yet calm, collected yet a mess. He was just standing there. His heart was aching, and he didn't know why. He let Tinner did up the Coffins, and drug them out of the hole he had created. He made sure it was level and jerked the top off, there lying was a Man, wearing a red-ish sweater. It was strange, and Tord remembered him.
  "He is Benjamin, 3rd in command. He was rather better then Pau and Pat, but not so great when it came to Paperwork and such. Now, combat on the other hand, was his specialty." He said as if he was still the Red Leader, and he remembered Benjamin fondly, like he was a Brother or something.
  "He passed 6 years ago, and his wife died 3 years ago. I was there for their funerals, and so was a few of their friends. It was heartbreaking to see how much the couple cared for each other," He said, again, like he was the Leader still.
  "They were like siblings to me, both of them." He sighed, "But once you make friends, you must lose them eventually. I've been taught that, at least."
  "Pau and Pat lost a bunch of Family and Friends," Tord wiped away his tears that threatened to fall, "And I went and seen their peaceful, calm, and powdered faces in the large metal and wooden boxes. The only reason I decided to come along was to eat the snacks afterwards.."
  He chuckled, but closed the Casket before Tinner could refuse to keep it open, he couldn't bare to see the skeleton of the man who he had once grown attached to. Tinner got up and went sniffing again, but found a button instead. He didn't know what the button held behind that sinister look of yellow, but placed a paw on it.
  It made a screen appear above it. He barked, the two running over.
"If you are wondering where Pau and Pat are, find the cellar in the fields where a large house lies.
You'll find Chicken-Wings and Ciggy-Man there, alive and well."
  The screen went away, and Tord was already up and running for the car. Tom stopped him, his heart almost breaking at seeing Tord like this. "I have to find them, Tom! I have to!!" He yelled, Tom stopping in his tracks.
He didn't want to be drug around by the grey-eyed man, but would do so if he needed and had to.
This was a choice he had to make,
Either help,
Or be a maniac by being discarded by the actual maniac.
  He decided to be discarded. "That is insane, Tord! They're dead by now! It's dangerous, anyways!!" Tord stood there, shaking and quivering while gripping his hair. He knew from this point on, it was the beginning of two people who would be caught being hit men, or being blamed for something that wasn't their doings.

And suddenly, Tord woke up.

a/n
  Here you go.
-Adam🐝✨