5

Jack's pov
I crept down the street behind Mark. The girls were just in front of us, leading the way to the base they had been at. I had to see for myself that it was destroyed. I needed to see if they were still alive.

"It's just up ahead. Keep quiet and low so you don't get spotted. The place is crawling with the dead since the wall collapsed. The gun fire drew them right to us so try to use melee weapons instead of-," Minx started to explain but I cut in.

"We know what to do. We aren't entirely new to this since it's almost been 6 months since this shit went down."

She looked back at me ashamed and nodded, silently continuing. I felt kinda guilty now. It did kinda sound like I was being a dick to her. I'll appolagise later when I get the time.

"We're here," Krism informed. We crept in through the hole in the wall and quickly took cover. There wasn't as many dead around as expected. Just a few on the street actually. I wonder where they're are. Well, at least they aren't here.

I looked at all the familiar houses down the street before one caught my eye. Without hesitation I jumped up and ran straight for it. I sliced a dead that stood in my way before busting through the door. (BUST THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE I OWN THE PLACE!)

Blood covered the floor and walls as I ran through the house. I saw a lot of dead bodies but not theirs. Maybe they got out. Maybe they're alive. Maybe... my thoughts cut short when I saw them. They were huddled all together in the bedroom, blood everywhere as an infected lay lifeless on the floor.

"Jack! Why did you-," Mark said as he ran in but stopped when he saw the bodies. I slowly walked towards them and fell by their sides. I took her hand in mine, holding it close to my chest.

"Ma?" I whispered out. My mothers cold dead body lay in front of me, held tightly in my fathers arms. I let out a choked sob as tears ran down my face. "I came back ma. I'm sorry I was too late.... I'll be with you soon."

I pulled out my pistol and held it to my head. Just as I was about to pull the trigger I was pushed to the ground and my shot missed. I looked up to see Mark hovering over me, holding my hands down so I couldn't move.

"YOU BASTARD! LET ME GO! THEY'RE ALL GONE WHY CAN'T I GO TOO?! I HAVE NO ONE LEFT! THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR! THE WORLD IS DEAD! EVERYTHING IS DEAD!" I screamed. I tried struggling but my screaming and struggling quickly wore me out and I became out of breath.

"Please just let me leave," I choked out quietly. I heard footsteps run towards us and the girls burst through the door.

"What the fuck is happening in here?" Minx asked. I closed my eyes as my tears blurred my vision and I helplessly tried to struggle again.

"His parents. Are any dead coming this way?" Mark's voice came close to me but quiet.

"Yeah, a whole fucking lot of them. We need to go now," Minx said sternly. I was pulled to my feet and dragged out of the house. I could see through blurred vision that we were in the living room. My old living room.

"We're already surrounded. That screaming must have drawn them right to us," Minx said bitterly. I didn't care as Mark say me down and crouched next to me.

"Is there any other way out?" He asked, looking at Krism.

"No, this house only has one door and there's a giant wall out the back. I helped put the thing up," I said sourly. Minx gave me a glare but didn't say anything.

"What about the-," Mark began but I didn't wait until he was done, quickly grabbing my pistol. I jumped up and ran out the room. I ran into the dining room and shot the window, quickly vaulting the frame and jumping out. I pulled out my knife and stabbed three dead that stood nearby. I ran around the front to where the rest were and pulled out my gun.

I began shooting any infected in sight, quickly clearing a whole front window. When I ran out of bullets I pulled out my knife again and ran straight at the closest infected, slashing its throat open before stabbing it's head in one quick motion.

Twenty left.

A stab to the left, three to the right.

Sixteen left.

I smash ones head through a window and kick another to the ground, stomping it's skull in.

Fourteen left.

One runs at me, I punch it before standing on its head.

Thirteen left.

A few more skilled kills.

Nine left. (Don't mind that big jump I got lazy)

I find a baseball bat on the ground. Batters up.

Five left.

Another swing, two for one.

Three left.

One rushes me. Looses it's head.

Two left.

One swing.

One left.

I ram it up against a wall, choking it with the bat. I push harder, moving the bat up a little. Flesh and skin tears and the head pops off. Blood is everywhere but the adrenaline makes everything feel better. My heart was racing as I tightened my grip on the bat.

"Holy shit," Minx's voice came from behind me. I turned around and walked up to her.

"You're welcome," I said before walking away. There wasn't any point in staying here anymore anyway. Our best chance in getting anything would be to go to the armory and supply room. Maybe we can get some things there and I can get more ammo and maybe a better gun. That would be nice. Maybe a shot gun or a rifle. I'm good with those.

Damn son. He's boss as fuck. Don't mess with him.