9

Jack's pov
"Shit! They're comming!" Cry shouted, trying to turn on the car. As the engine started another zombie reached through my window and grabbed onto my arm, scratching at the fabric of my jacket. I managed to wriggle out of the clothing item and shuffle closer to Mark.

Felix's window gave way and a zombie reached in over him. Wait, why didn't it try to attack him? He hesitated before stabbing it and pushing it out the broken window. The car jolted as the engine roared and we lunged forward, only to stop a second later because of all the zombies around us.

"What's going on back there?" A voice called through the radio. I held back tears as more and more zombies surrounded our vehicle and tried to break in. Felix shuffled closer to Cry and away from his open window.

"The window gave way. We're being attacked. We might not be able to hold them off," Cry called back through. Another smashing sound rang out and I glanced up just in time to see Felix's hand slip into a flesh eating mouth as it bit down. Blood was coating his hand as he used his free hand to stab the creature.

He pushed the thing away and pulled his hand against his chest. I gasped and pointed towards his hand, fear consuming me completely as my words fell from my mouth.

"He's bit!" Felix shook his head and tried to say something but seemed to be having a hard time focusing. His eyes fell shut and he slumped in Cry's arms. Cry's eyes widened and he tried to wake Felix up but he wouldn't respond. He frantically looked around the truck while trying to avoid the hands reaching in and trying to grab at us all.

"Out the back window. The truck is raised, they shouldn't be able to reach in the back!" He shouted over the growls and gargling of the infected people. He quickly pulled out a gun and shot the back window, smashing it to pieces.

"Be careful of the sharp glass. Climb out and stay away from the edges. Mark, can you help me get Felix out?" Cry said quickly. I stared at Felix's bitten and bleeding hand in shock. I couldn't move. I couldn't think straight. I was suddenly being pushed out the back window into the trailer at the back. Everything came back into focus and I took in a sharp breath of air.

"Jack! Help me out here would you?" Mark's voice caught my attention and I saw him trying to pull Felix out of the window I hand been pushed through. I hesitated before getting up and helping, making sure Felix didn't get cut on any shards of glass.

Once Felix was clear of the window Cry jumped through he started to pull up the trailer cover. I saw what he was doing and immediatly jumped up to help him. We worked together to quickly pull the black plastic cover over us, being cautious as to not get caught by any zombies in the process.

"GET DOWN LOW AND TRY NOT TO GET CAUGHT!" Cry shouted and I followed his instructions. I pulled the cover completely over my head, laying down completely in the back and tieing it up tightly. I could see the hand print moving along the top of the plastic but it all went dark as Cry pulled his side over, leaving just the horrid sounds echoing in my ears.

"What about him?" Mark asked Cry. I know he was referring to Felix but something told me he would be fine.

"Don't worry about him. Just keep quiet and they'll eventually get bored and leave," Cry's voice answered in the darkness.

"But what if he turns?" Mark pressed. I could tell he was a bit on edge from the bitten person in the sealed area with us and to be honest, so was I.

"He won't. Just stay quiet," Cry tried to advise but Mark clearly didn't want to drop it.

"How do you know he won't?"

"Because he's immune okay now shut the fuck up!" Cry growled angrily. Mark finally stopped arguing and fell silent. I heard Cry sigh and movement from his side before a flash light flicked on, blinding me slightly.

Cry wriggled over to Felix and quickly used a spare piece of fabric to stop the bleeding on Felix's hand. But just before he did I was able to catch a glimpse of a scar on Felix's wrist, it looked like a human bite.

I looked up and Mark and saw him looking at it too. At least we have proof that he is immune but how many times has he been bitten and how many more does it take before his immunity fades away if it does. How many time can he be bitten.

The light suddenly vanished and we were plunged into darkness again. Now it was just a waiting game. For how long I had no idea but judging by the size if the heard it might be a while.

~time skip cause I'm  not as patient as them ;P~

I woke to someone shaking me. My back and neck ached and caused a headache to form in my head but I sat up none the less, the feeling being normal to me by now. I looked around to see that I was still in the back of the truck but Mark was no longer next to me.

I looked across from me to see Red, the girl with long red hair, knelt over Felix's still unconscious body. Her face displaying worry and concern as she unwrapped the cloth around Felix's hand. I watched as the blood soaked material was removed and a hand stained with red and purple was revealed.

"Shit. He took the bite for you knowing the bites fuck him up?" The male with long brown hair named Russ asked.

"Yeah. I was tryna talk to Scott when my window gave way and one of them tried to grab me. He leant over my back and tried to stop it but I couldn't quite see what happened," Cry explained, sounding the most on edge and afraid out of us all.

"His hand slipped. He tried to grab its jaw but his hand slipped into its mouth," I said dully. I felt numb looking at the blood. Two hands grabbed onto me and I was pulled into an embrace. I buried my face into the chest of the person, knowing who it was... Mark.