18

200 FOLLOWERS! DANCING ALONG LIKE FUCK YEAH!!!!

Jack's pov
I quickly and quietly made my way back to the car, kinda regretting leaving it so far away. I ran majority of the way once I was clear of the city and felt slightly winded by the time I was inside the car itself.

I gave myself a minute to recover before starting the car and driving towards where Felix and the other two would be. I could only hope they weren't faking the whole thing and try to kill Felix and get the jump on my when I get back. People get desperate after a while.

But that wound Phil had didn't look like it was deliberate and they don't seem like the type of people that would try anything like that. But then again, you never know these days. The people that were classed as bad people before are the good people these days and the good are the bad.

I looked at the tear in my sleeve and frowned at the blood that seeped through. I pulled my sleeve up and gasped at the scratches that ran all the way up my arm. It didn't even hurt until I noticed it and now it was burning with pain.

"Shit!" I cursed, yanking my sleeve back down in frustration. My anger slowly turned into fear as I realised I was going to turn. No! I have to hold it together. I have to help get those supplies and get back to Mark. I have to.

I saw the others up ahead and slowed to a stop, only a few zombies following behind me. Felix was quick to shoot them with his cross bow before retrieving his bolts and coming over to me. I climbed out of the truck and tried to act natural but my heart was racing.

"Are you okay Jack?" Felix asked, noticing I was unsteady.

"Y-yeah. I-I'm f-fine," I stuttered out, unable to control my fear.

"Bro, something is wrong. What is it? Dan and Phil are in their truck so they can't hear us if it's private," Felix urged.

I felt tears run down my face and a sob escaped my lips. I buried my face into his chest and cried. I felt him hug me back, trying to calm me down as a million thoughts ran through my head. Most of my thoughts were about Mark and how he would react with me being infected.

"Jack. Take some deep steady breaths for me okay. I can't help if you don't tell me what's wrong," Felix tried to assist. I pulled away and ripped my sleeve up, revealing the long ugly scratches that smeared blood across my arms. He gasped and looked up at me sympathetically, pulling my back into a hug.

"It's n-not f-fair," I choked out. "Why d-did th-this hav-ve to ha-happen to m-me?"

"I don't know Jack. You don't deserve this. But hold it out okay, you never know. You might be immune to it like me," he tried to comfort. I nodded, wiping my eyes and taking a few steady breaths.

"Yeah, maybe. I'll hold it out. We need those supplies anyway," I said as I forced a smile. He gave me a comforting one and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"I knew you were strong. Come on, let's get those supplies," he said. We both headed over to Dan and Phil's truck and knocked on the window. Dan climbed out to talk to us.

"How's the rebooting going?" Felix asked.

"Good actually. We're about to get the systems online now." Just as Dan finished his sentence the traffic lights flickered on and lights in several buildings turned on. They all flickered off again and as I looked down the street I saw the lights to the hospital remain on.

"All power is directed only to the hospital at the moment. Once we get what we need there I'll transfer it to the mall and check the cameras there to see if any supplies remain. This city was the first to go down to the dead and probably has the most supplies around but the most dead because of it. Well, maybe," Phil said, gobbling out of the car with his laptop in his hand.

Dan supported his friend and led him to our truck so he would be able to help us make a quick get away if we make a break for it. Phil would be the only one in the truck directing us to where we need to go using his laptop and a walkie talkie Dan had. The rest of us would go in, get what we need, and get out again.

"Alright, so the entrance has a lot of dead crowded inside it. If you can get the doors open I can set off some alarms around the town to lure them away from the area," Phil said as he typed away at his computer.

"How many floors do we need to go up?" Felix asked.

"The supply room is on the second floor near the far left side. That floor is fairly clear by the looks of it," Phil said.

"Then why don't we just pop a few windows on that level and use the ladder from the firetruck over there to climb up," Felix said, pointing to a firetruck crashed near the side of the hospital. 

"That would work. But the camera in the room near it is dead. You'll be going in blind," Phil warned.

"As long as we don't have to clear the entire bottom floor I'm fine with being blind for a moment," Felix said before running over to the firetruck and messing with some controls. I wandered over and looked over his shoulder.

"Do you know what you're doing?" I asked. He shook his head and I pressed a button, the ladder jolting to life and slowly moving up (idk how they work shuddup). He looked at me with a raised brow.

"I know things okay," I said with a smirk before jumping as the sound of shattering glass echoed down the street. I laughed and stopped pressing the button, looking at the broken window the ladder had gone through.

"You know things aye?" Felix said sarcastically.

"I know how to break a window."

Indeed you do Jack. Indeed you do.