8

Jack's pov
It's been two days of walking since me and Mark shared our first kiss. We kept it secret from the girls since they don't entirely seem to like me right now. Though Krism has been warming up to me lately since I've been returning to my normal cheerful self. All because of Mark.

"Hey! There's cars up ahead!" Krism shouted back to us. We grouped together, holding tightly onto our weapons. Four vehical's approached, slowing down just ahead of us. Two med got out of the first car and walked up to us, guns in hand.

"Who are you?" The shorter man spoke.

"What's it to you?" Minx shot back defensively. The man glared at her and for a second I thought he was about to shoot her when I heard footsteps approaching us quickly.

"FELIX COME BACK!" A voice called, followed by more heavy footsteps. A blonde man came into view and his eyes seemed to light up when they fell upon Jack. A second man with a white poker faced mask appeared next to the blonde.

"Jack?" The blonde asked in a strong Swedish accent.  Jack's eyes lit up with a sense of relisation and he jumped forward to hug the blonde.

"You're still alive! I thought I'd never see you again after the heard. I'm glad you're okay," Jack said cheerfully. He turned to the masked male and smiled more. "Both of you."

He hugged the masked man as well, who hesitantly hugged back. The male seemed a little uncomfortable with the contact along with the other two males but the blonde didn't seem bothered by it.

"Oh, guys. This is Jack. We met him on our way back to the group. Just before Chey...," the masked stranger said, confusing me. I had no doubt that the girls were confused as well as they stood a little behind us now.

"Sorry to here that. Signe didn't make it either," Jack said sadly, seeming to know who they were talking about, but a small smile replaced his sorrow. "But I found this guy." He pointed to me, giving me an adorable smile.

"I'm Mark. Nice too finally meet you guys. Jack told me a bit about you two when we first met. Well, after a week of almost silence that is," I lied with a chuckle. They didn't need to know the whole truth. I mean, it wasn't a lie. It just wasn't completely the truth either.

"Yeah, We met right after Signe... he refused to leave my side really. I guess I gotta be thankful for that though," Jack said with a smile, looking back at me again.

"So is this the guy you gave your ring to Felix?" A feminine voice called. A female with long red hair stepped forward with a male with longish messy brown hair and square brimmed glasses.

"Yeah, it is actually," the blonde said cheerfully. I guess the blonde's name is Felix then.

"Speaking of which," Jack said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the ring I'd seen him throw across the room when I first met him. I didn't know he still had that.

"You still have it?" Assumed Felix said, taking the ring politely and inspecting it.

"Yeah, I never got round to using it actually. We were attacked just before I was going to do it," Jack said, a sad twinge in his voice. "Figured I'd keep it either way." Felix smiled and held it out for Jack to take back but he didn't.

"You can take it back. I don't need it anymore. It's just another memory with a good and bad side to it," Jack said, pushing Felix's hand away. Felix smiled and gave him a nod before turning to the brown haired male by the female.

"Here, a present for your new family member," Felix said, giving the ring to the male.

"But it's yours," the male objected.

"I have the same reasons as him. Now take it, I would probably loose it," Felix said with a small laugh. The male smiled and took the ring, placing it in his spare zip up pocket.

"So what brings you this way?" The first male who spoke asked, sounding impatient.

"We were trying to avoid the herd thats comming this way," Krism spoke up before I could.

"Wait, it's heading this way?" The brown haired male asked.

"Yeah, we've been trying to outrun it for almost a week. It's hard on foot," Minx said, sounding tired.

"You guys look exhausted and freezing. Why don't you come and join us in the cars. We have enough room for you all in the cars. Theres some lovely ladies that will be able to bring in you two girls. While me and Russ can ride with Scott so you two gentleman can go with Felix and Cry," the red haired girl said politely.

I was a little skeptical but Minx and Krism were already being pulled to the further vehical's by the female. I looked at Jack and shrugged. What's to lose; we're tired so we can't run and need supplies. If Jack knows these people then I can trust them.

I followed behind Jack and the blonde male as we headed to a truck behind the first car. Me and Jack took the back seat while the blonde and that masked guy took the front. The masked man was driving with Jack behind him.

"Hey ah, so what's everyone's names?" I asked, being the only person who doesn't know everyone.

"Oh, sorry about that. I'm Felix and this is Cry," the blonde said. Cry? What an odd name. At least it sounds cool though.

"Nice name," I decided to comment.

"Thanks," Cry said, still seeming a little uncomfortable.

"Alright guys. Since we have bandits behind us and a herd of zombies ahead of us I think I would prefer the ones that we can outrun if we need to. I'll explain the plane as we go along but we sure as hell ain't turning around," a voice called through the radio.

"What does he mean?" I asked.

"Oh, there's several bandit camps behind us and they all have guns. I'm fairly sure. Ken said he heard one talking about the Banana Bus Squad being their name or something but I don't know. All I know is that we lost over half the darn group to them so we ain't going back," Felix explained.

"So does that mean were driving straight back into a heard of literally hundreds of dead?" I pressed.

"Well, we call them Zombies and yeah, pretty much."

And that my friends. Is how the two ships collided. Good night everybody.