3. Friend or foe

Before I could even think about running a giant hand wrapped around me, pinning my arms to my sides. I was quickly hoisted from the ground at a dizzying speed and roughly shoved into the giants pocket, still encased in its fist. The regular rhythmic movements meant the giant was walking, and rather quickly. Probably to avoid the storm. Despite a lack of strength or energy I attempted to wiggle out of their grasp, this only made the giant hold me tighter. I sighed and stopped struggling, my shivering form reluctantly accepting the heat radiating from the giants hand.

Around twenty minutes later the sound of keys could be heard and a door opening and closing. I was suddenly pulled from the pocket and the giant quickly walked into the room. The door was shut and I was dropped onto a soft surface. Loud footsteps gradually got quieter signalling the giant had left the room. Glancing around at the unfamiliar and ginormous room I realized that I was no longer shivering with cold but with fright.

I pushed myself into a sitting position, my arms wobbled as they struggled to hold my weight. The giant had put me on a cushion that was laying on a sofa. I looked around the room and noticed the various consoles and games scattered about in front of the tv. I winced at the sudden loud sound of metal clanging around and something being dropped. My eyebrows furrowed as a long string of curses came from the giants mouth, noticing the Irish accent.

Moments later the giant returned, I was scooped up and there was a rustling sound then a light thud. Then the giant put me down again. I was now sitting on a sloshy warm rectangle. I tried to stand only for my foot to sink down and cause me to lose my balance and land on my butt. Once again the giant left the room while pulling something rectangular out of his pocket. Talking could be heard from the other room, the giant seemed angry and I was to afraid to move. The heat radiating from beneath me certainly didn't help. A wave of drowsiness washed over me and I was sorely tempted to just lay down and sleep. But more yelling from giant quickly forced that thought from my mind.

"Yes I'm sure! Alright fine, I'll get there as soon as I can". The giant then sighed and walked into a different room and continued the conversation for quite a while, then it went quiet. I could have sworn I heard rustling from the other room but I couldn't be sure. I waited another minute or two just to make sure the giant had left. I managed to pry myself away from the heat source then stood up and made my way towards the edge of the pillow. It was a big drop to the ground but if I could make it to the coffee table then it wouldn't be as bad. I took a few steps back and psyched myself up getting ready to run and jump. The landing was rough and the impact jarred through the bones in my legs.

After taking a moment to recover I slowly made my way to the edge of the table and shimmied down one of the legs. As I caught my breath there was a deafening yell from the other room "Oh for FUCKSAKE!" Then thundering footsteps that quickly grew louder before suddenly stopping. At this point my heart was beating like crazy. Giants were known to be loud, unpredictable and aggressive but this one in particular seemed particularly energetic. Which honestly terrified me, I had to leave and quickly no matter how exhausted I was.

The door creaked open unbelievably slowly, sending shivers down my spine. The silence that followed was deafening, and finally after waiting a few seconds to make sure the giant hadn't entered the room I slowly walked towards the sofa. Just as I was about to hobble underneath the cover, the giants voice rung out from right behind me and I froze.

"Sorry about this li'll duder"

Then everything went black.