5.Home?

When I woke up the box had been closed once again and I had no idea where I was or what time it was. The only thing I knew was the box was moving rhythmically, suggesting that someone was carrying it. The sound of keys could be heard, and a door opening and closing. A familiar sigh from who I now recognised as Jack sounded from above me, and gravity shifted as the box was placed down. The box opened to reveal Jack looking down at me. He glanced over me before moving away and the sound of papers shuffling could be heard.

"Well, that was quite a day wasn't it li'll duder?" Jack said, seemingly tired. I nodded in agreement but doubted he saw it. "Oh! I should probably let you out of there, shouldn't I. Right what does it say here?" Jack paused and more shuffling could be heard. Roughly a minute passed before he began to read out loud.

"Place the box on the ground, somewhere warm and dry where it won't be in danger of being disturbed. Put the box on its side with the opening facing out into the room, put the folding part from the bottom on the ground. Bring the two from the sides out and fold them to the sides of the box. Leave the top part to fall over the entrance. This will create a shelter for your Homo Parvus, that will allow them to see out into the room and make them feel protected. Allow them time to adjust the new setting, they will emerge from the box in their own time.
You may notice a few of your household items vanishing, this is completely normal as your Homo Parvus will want to store items in its shelter. If you need these items most will return them should you ask."

I heard footsteps as Jack walked closer to the box. His face then appeared above me again, he looked back to the booklet in his hand before speaking. "Did you get all that?" He asked and I nodded, not trusting my own voice not to falter. "Ok, so I'm going to lift the box and I'll let you know when I'm going to tilt it alright?" I looked up at Jack meeting his eyes and nodded with a small smile, glad that he was being cautious and asking me before doing anything.

The box then shifted as Jack lifted it and brought it somewhere else in the room. Jack then spoke again "Right, the box is next to the radiator so you'll be nice and warm. I'm going to start tilting the box now, OK?" The box gradually leaned to the left and I leaned against the left wall as it quickly became the floor. Once the box was on its side Jack folded the sides and left the top part to cover the opening. After that I saw his feet appear in front of the box, then take a few steps back. I stood from my crouched position and walked to the edge of the box. Jack walked out of the room and I took in the space around me. He returned moments later with something in his hands.

"Here's some new clothes the vet got for you! And I brought you some food and something to drink. I have to go work for a bit, I should be done in a couple of hours. Make yourself at home!" Jack said excitedly placing a small cup of water and some strawberries beside my box before jogging upstairs. I thought he was tired a minute ago. Once I heard a door close I walked forward and took the clothes left there. I retreated into the box and changed into the blue jeans and white t-shirt, quickly pulling on the clean socks and boots which surprisingly fit really well. I then stepped out into the gigantic room and debated what to explore first.

Home. I liked the sound of that.