6.Research

Jack sighed and stretched after a long recording session. Despite his endless amounts of energy, pre-recording videos for conventions always took it out of him. But today he had another reason to stress. How the hell was he going to take care of a tiny. Not that it was difficult or anything, it was just completely new. To top it all off the vet had confirmed they were wild and would probably take even longer to adjust to humans. He was curious at the time and had forgotten to ask the vet about the difference between a wild tiny and the ones that were available in larger pet shops.

Jack rubbed his hands over his face before scooting his chair closer to his table. Opening a new tab on his computer he grabbed his trusty notebook, did a quick search and began taking notes. The ones in shops were domesticated and much more timid with only half the brains of a goldfish as the vet had put it. They had been bred to humans liking, loosing their pointed ears and teeth, their senses and instincts dulled, loosing most of their intelligence in the process. After spending another half an hour on the computer Jack stood grabbed his coffee cup and crept downstairs.

Jack's heart melted when he walked to the sofa. The tiny had curled up and fallen asleep on a pillow. Their (h/c) hair was matted and dirty with tiny pointed elf like ears poking out it. Making a mental note to offer them a bath, Jack walked into the kitchen and put the kettle on. Opening the fridge he glanced around before grabbing a bowl of tomato soup. The tiny would probably be hungry when they woke up. Jack placed the bowl next to the microwave and made a mental note to ask for the tiny's name.

The vet had explained to him how wild tinies formed bonds with other animals, like a symbiotic relationship and judging by the marks on the tiny's clothes it had most likely been with cats previously. The vet also believes that the tiny had, at least for a while been in contact with humans, so they would hopefully have a few words.

Stretching once more he put the kettle on and made another cup of coffee. A soft, almost inaudible snoring could be heard from the living room. He could have sworn it sounded like purring. A smile instantly spread across Jack's face. He really couldn't wait to get to know his new friend.