7.Promise

When I opened my eyes I was blinded by a bright light and quickly lifted my arm to cover my eyes. Hearing a slight shuffling sound I lowered my arm once my eyes had adjusted to the light. I was sitting on a pillow on the sofa with the human, Jack, sitting beside me. Before I could even react he placed a bowl filled with tomato soup in front of me. I just looked up at him confused and scared at the same time.

"Oh! Wait here a second" He said excitedly before dashing out of the room. He returned seconds later with a straw. I scooted backwards on the cushion as he bent down to my eye level. "There!" Jack happily exclaimed, bending the straw and placing it in the bowl facing me. I was frozen in place as his huge blue eyes stared at me expectantly. Still genuinely confused as to why he hadn't crushed me or thrown me outside I questioned him. "W-why?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper, rough and scratchy.

Jack smiled at the sound of my voice but his eyebrows furrowed at my question. "Why? Well why not, I thought you would be hungry, so I made you some soup!" He replied, making sure to keep his voice relatively quiet seeing as I had just woken up. I shook my head and Jack furrowed his eyebrows. "W-why help?"I asked timidly my voice croaking, only for Jack to riel back at the question. I winced expecting the worst only to be met with silence. I glanced back up at Jack who looked back at me with a soft and caring expression. Our eyes met and he spoke.

"Because that's what friends do!" He replied and I frowned. "I will never let anything or anyone hurt you"

"Promise?"
"Promise"

"You know, I didn't ask you your name"
"Y/n"