Elephant in the room

Feeling full from dinner and on the verge of a food coma, Jack and I were watching a movie. Jack happily munched on his popcorn nearly halfway through his portion already. I had to use both hands to hold a single piece so I still had plenty left. After a particularly exciting chase scene the adds started and Jack sighed. "What's up?" I asked switching my attention from the tv to Jack. He paused before talking, most likely thinking about how to phrase his thoughts.

"Well, I don't want to pressure you or anything but I'd prefer it if you stayed with me where I can make sure your safe, until I know you can protect yourself" Jack said cautiously, afraid to offend me. I smiled brightly up at him and replied "I would like that, if it's not to much trouble" The movie now long forgotten Jack excitedly began planning where I would sleep, organizing a box to fill with food so I could eat when ever I wanted, and continued rambling excitedly. I laughed at his childish behavior, he was just like a kid at Christmas who had just gotten a toy spaceship and was planning all the adventures he would have.

"-iends at Pax and... OH MY GOD PAX!You'll have to come with me!" Jack suddenly yelled snapping me out of my daydreams. My excitement grew at the thought of going to Pax, all the awesome games and panels. But then the thought of being tiny at Pax dawned on me and I shuddered. Jack looked at me and I looked at him, then he addressed the elephant in the room. "Should I introduce you to the fans?"