Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Monday finally rolled around, and as usual, I really, really didn't want to go to school.

This is one of those few things I have in common with all other teenagers. We all hate Mondays. We all hate school. It's nice, to know there's at least something that I have in common with the rest of the teenage world.

I slammed snooze on my alarm clock, then roll over in bed. The snooze gave me about 5 minutes to convince myself to not press snooze when it went off again.

Instead of that, I snuggled back into my blankets. But, when I heard my alarm clock blaring through my room again, I shut it off, and got up.

I have a very strict routine that I do every morning (unless I'm late of course... which is every other morning.) First, I check on James. Just making sure he didn't get kidnapped, and that he's still breathing, and all that stuff.

Then I go into the kitchen, and make 2 fried eggs, and a piece of toast. By the time their ready, James has made his way into the kitchen. He doesn't need an alarm clock- the smell of breakfast wakes him up.

"Morning James," I said, placing down two plates, a fried egg on each. I rip the toast in half, give one to him, and we both eat it with the egg.

"So what's happening in school today?" I asked.

James shrugged. "There's a parent teacher conference in 2 weeks."

I stopped eating, and cringed. "Well, maybe Mom'll be back by then," I said hopefully.

"What if she isn't?" James asked.

"Then you can ask your teacher to e-mail Mom with her thoughts, or something." I glanced at the clock. "You done?"

"Almost." James picked at the white part of his egg with his fingers.

"Eggs aren't finger food," I told him, as I put my dishes in the sink. "I'll be in my room."

I try to level out the fact that at night, I wear almost nothing, by covering myself up almost too much during the day. My closet consists of old gray sweatshirts, and baggy pants that are a couple sizes to big for me anyway. I add a bit of mascara, and tie my oily hair back in a pony tail (I only get to shower about twice a week, because of the water bill, so my hair's always greasy.)

I grab my back pack and head for the kitchen. James is waiting, looking perfect as always (I don't know how that boy does it!) "Let's go, I said, handing him his backpack."

The walk to his school is only about 10 minutes. I always walk him, until I can see the school, and then I watch him go in. This adds 5 minutes to my walk to school, but it's worth it.

Then I head for my school.

I don't think anyone really likes high school- it's full of nerds, and geeks, and weirdos, and jocks, and cheerleaders, and the popular girls with all their perfect hair, and flawless skin. It's where people tear you down, and school work finishes the job.

I however, actually don't hate high school- it's a nice distraction from everything else. I actually pay attention in class (I mean, learning what x equals, or how whales breed is better than what's happening in my life.) I also have to concentrate a lot on how to not be seen. It's actually kinda tricky. You always have to stay to the side, head down, don't raise your hand in class, get good grades, but not too good (I try to keep up B's with some A- so there's a chance I might one day go to college). Don't join clubs. Don't go to parties. And don't talk to anyone.

I noticed Chocolate eyes in science. He didn't seem to recognize me, or even notice me for that matter, which was good. It's always weird seeing all these guys who go to Dirty-Girls in the real world. There's one guy, Chad, or Chase, or something. He's the captain of the football team, straight A student, dates a nice girl, but they've never gotten past first base (supposedly), not a bad bone in his body. Except for his little habit of going to Dirty-Girls at least once a week. I gave him a lap dance once. I almost asked how his girlfriend felt about him being there, but luckily I didn't.

I was walking to my history class, the long way all around the school, where no one ever is, when I heard someone.

"Jen, I'm sorry."

"Save it Austin! I trusted you, and you betrayed me!"

"Jen, baby wait-"

"Don't talk to me!"

I was snickering at the unbelievable cliched break up, when suddenly, I felt my head ram into something.

"Ow!" I yelled, as I jumped back, tripping over something (probably my own feet- even though I'm smooth in Dirt-Girls, I can be kinda clumsy in real life.)

"Ooph!" I heard someone else say, and the sound of both of our back hitting the floor.

I had fell in the most graceful way, my feet slipping out from under me, causing me to fall on my back, and hit my head. I rubbed it as I started to sit up.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry," I heard someone say. I looked up to see the guy I had seen at Dirty-Girls the other night- Blondie.

"That was all my fault," He continued. "I shouldn't read while I walk, I know, I just have a test next period, and I wanted to cram some last minute information, but then I slammed right into you, and oh darn, look, now all of my papers are everywhere, this is really my fault, let me help you up."

I ignored the fact that his rambling was kind of annoying, and took his hand.

"Gosh, this is a mess," He said, looking around at all the papers littering the ground.

I giggled, letting out a small snort. "Did you say gosh?"

He looked down at me (he was only a few inches taller than me but still, looking down.) "Yes," He said.

"I don't think I've heard anyone say gosh since second grade," I said.

"Well, I don't like to swear," Blondie said.

"Yeah, whatever." I looked around. "Damn, you've got a lot of papers, don't you?"

"I like to be prepared," Blondie answered simply, starting to pick up his papers.

"Whatever," I said, and started walking away.

"Wait!" He said suddenly.

I spun around to look at him. "Yeah?"

"You look... familiar."

I felt my heart start hammering in my chest. "You've probably seen my from around school..." I said nervously.

"Yeah, that's probably it." Blondie said. "Hey, I'm Max by the way."

I stared at him for a moment before saying, "Molly," And then speed walking away as fast as I could.

---

Hi Everyone!

Sorry if you find this super cheesy and stuff.

But if you did like it please vote comment, you know the deal.

XOX