Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I led the two guys to the back, and showed them to the closet. Janice's sobs were just as loud as before- I didn't know how people outside couldn't here them, even with the seductive music blaring through the speakers. 

"Janice, sweetie." He knocked on the door.

"I told you to g-go aw-wa-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

"Janice, honey, it's me."

The sobs paused. There was some rustling, and the sound of something crashing to the ground, but the door opened.

"Drew!" She screeched, and fell into his arms.

"Shh, it's ok honey."

Janice continued to cry into his arms, and I turned to look at the blond guy.

"You know her?"

He nodded. "I'm Toby, by the way."

"Molly."

I turned back to watch the other guy- Drew I guess- help Janice to stand, as she rubbed her mascara and tear stained face. 

"We're going home now," Drew said. "Ok sweetie?"

Janice managed to weakly nod her head.

Toby turned to me. "You wanna come?"

"What?" 

"To our place," Drew said. "Do you want to come?"

"Uh, I don't think I should... I mean I have to be... and lap dances-"

"Molly's coming," Janice said. It was a statement. The decision was made.

"Ok..." I said. Drew helped Janice put her clothes on over her stripper outfit. I stood there, unsure of what to do.

"Um, where should I, uh-"

"You can change," Drew said. "We won't look. Trust us."

I hesitated, but turned away and finally shed the horrible demon bra. I put on my regular underwear, and slipped my t-shirt and jeans on over it.

"Come on," Drew said, throwing one of Janice's arms over his shoulder. "We live 10 minutes away."

Nervously, wondering if this could get me fired, I followed them through the back door. They led me to a bright yellow car, the color I imagined me convertible being in my dreams. This was not a convertible. This was an adorable little car, that barely held 4 people. I was basically sitting on Janice's lap in the back seat, but I don't think she noticed through her tears.

Drew drove up to an apartment building made of bricks. The building was thin, and tall, and the whole thing seemed to be covered in dirt. The inside was no different- Dust filled the air. We walked up 3 flights of stairs, and reached a door painted lime green.

"Toby wanted to distinguish it," Drew explained to me, nodding at the grey doors that lined the halls.

Apparently Toby wanted to distinguish everything- there didn't seem to be one thing that wasn't covered in pastel paint. It looked like an Easter egg.

"Whoa," I said, as the door opened.

"Toby likes color," Drew said.

Toby shrugged.

Drew led us to the living room, where he put Janice down on the sky blue couch, and switched on the TV.

"I'm gonna get us some beer and ice cream" Toby said. "You want one Molly?"

"Uh, sure, I guess." I couldn't tell if he was talking about beer or ice cream. "So, what are we watchi-"

Before I could finish the Friends theme song started blaring from the tv.

"It's a fool-proof break up methods," Drew explained. "You watch Friends and get drunk with ice cream the night of the break up. The next couple days you watch crappy romance movies with ice cream. And don't get drunk because then you'll call him."

Toby returned, holding 4 Ben and Jerry's containers and 2 six packs of beer. He threw us each an ice cream, and handed out the beers.

"Uh." I looked down at my can of beer. My hands shaking, I opened it, and quickly took a sip.

I gagged, almost spitting it out. It tasted awful! It took all of my strength to swallow it. It burned my throat. Why the hell would people drink this shit?

"You get used to it," Toby said to me. I guess I wasn't very discreet.

"We were l-like Ross and R-Rachel!" Janice sobbed.

"No offence, but you weren't," Drew said. "Eat your ice cream."

"Wait, how did you even know about the break up?" I asked Drew.

"She wouldn't answer her cell. When we tried Liam he filled us in."

Janice started crying again at the mention of his name.

"Shh," Drew said, rubbing her back.

"How do you guys know each other?" I asked after a minute.

"We went to high school together. She was just a little sophomore when we were seniors, but we saw the best in her."

"And we kept planning on moving away," Toby said. "To California. But we wanted to stay around for Jan until she was settled."

"And we're still saving up for college," Drew added. "We both want to go to CALARTS-"

"California Institution of the Arts." Toby said.

"-But we need to save up just a little longer." Drew smiled at Toby. "And we can't leave Janice alone like this in her time of need now can we?"

Janice smiled a little through her tears. "I keep telling you to go. Besides, I have Molly now." She smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Sweetie, I knew Liam was a total Dick from the moment we first met him," Drew said, changing the subject to the much needed hating on the ex.

"You had a crush on him when we first met him," Toby said, taking a sip of his beer.

"Well, that should have been warning enough. You know I have a thing for jerks," Drew said, eyeing Toby.

Toby laughed at this.

I laughed with him.

---

Hey there!

Thank you for reading!  I hope you liked it. If you did, please vote, comment, follow me, all that jazz.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Thanks again!

XOX