Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I stood in front of the library. My school library, not Barstow's Library. It was small, and pathetic, and really didn't have many books- a sad excuse for a library. But I couldn't step past the doorway.

But I had! Just 24 hours ago, I had walked into the library, and sat down, and been surrounded by the books, and the smell, and I had been alright! So why couldn't I do it now?

Because one major piece was missing today. I didn't have Max to guide me.

I turned away from the doorway, and headed for the cafeteria. I had just reached the line and grabbed a tray, when I heard it.

"...nipple and everything. I swear, these stripper sluts will do anything to you."

I straightened up, and very carefully turned my head to look behind me. 

Chocolate eyes. I had seen him around Dirty-Girls a few times since our last awkward encounter. I had always ducked back stage before he could see me though. I had also seen him hooking up with some of the strippers behind the building. Twice actually. It was pretty disgusting.

Now, I was to be very clear here: STRIPPER DOES NO EQUAL SLUT!!! And I'm proof of that. So is Janice. And some of the other girls that have no hesitated to slap a guy in the face when they try to get further than a lap dance. 

However, if you like having lots of meaningless sex, stripping would be a pretty great profession for you. I mean. most of the guys who come to Dirty Girls are just horny losers, desperate to know what real live breasts look like. So, if the stripper is cool with some meaningless sex behind the building, they most likely will be as well. 

So as much as this conversation annoyed me, I wasn't surprised by it.

"... And she had this little tattoo of like, a dolphin, or some shit, on her hip. Real sexy."

I tried to block this out as I got some slop dumped on my tray by one of the lunch ladies. 

"Bro it was awesome. You guys coming tonight?"

"Hell yeah," Another guy said.

"Really bro. Stripper sluts. There the best."

Deciding I didn't need anymore slop on my plate, I left the line, heading for an empty table. I sat down as my phone rang.

"Janice?" I asked, answering.

"Molly, I just got your text." I could hear some noise in the background. "What happened last night?"

"Oh, nothing-"

"I just got worried when you didn't reply."

"No, it was nothing, my brother-"

"Can I get my popcorn please?" Someone said in the background.

"Just a minute." Janice returned her attention to me. "You're ok right?"

"Of course, James just."

"Thank god. You're coming tonight though right?"

"Yes."

"Good. Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, I'm positive."

"Good. I was-"

"Can I please get some service?"

"Oh my god, can't you see I'm on the phone? God."

"Um, if you need to go-"

"No, it's just some stupid customer."

"I can here you!"

"Phone! God. Some people. Well I'm glad your ok. Liam just got here. See you tonight?"

"Yeah total-"

"I've been waiting for 10 minutes!" They guy yelled.

"Oh my god, I'm having a conversation dude! Don't you have any manners?"

I shut my phone and looked down at my slop. I ate in silence for about 10 minutes, until my phone rang again.

"Hi Janice-" I started to say, but she cut me off.

"That bastard!" She sobbed.

"Wait, Janice? Are you ok?"

"I can't b-b-believe this!" Janice said. I could almost feel her tears soaking through the phone.

"What happened? Janice!"

"H-h-he b-b-b-" Janice collapsed into tears.

"Janice? JANICE!"

"C-c-can you c-c-com h-here?"

"What?"

"I'm a-at the theater on m-main street."

"Um." I looked at the clock. Lunch ended in a few minutes.

"Please? I r-really need someone r-right n-n-n-" More sobs.

"Ok. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Thank you," Janice whispered as I hung up, and headed for the doors.

I could already tell this was going to end horribly.

---

HELLLLOOOO

Thank you for reading! I really hope you liked it. If you did, please vote, comment, all of that stuff.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Also sorry for the perviness in this chapter. 

Thanks again!

XOX