Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Max looked shattered. His eyes drooped, his face sagged, his jaw hung open slightly. He looked like a sad puppy.

"Oh my god..." Max whispered for about the 5th time.

"I'm sorry Max-" I started.

"You... and... but..."

I felt tears stinging the back of my eyes. 

He sat back down, hiding his face in his hands. I stood in my underwear, dirty music playing in the background, mixed with the sound of boys whooping for dancing girls, and dollar bills flying in the air.

He looked back up at me. "You're a stripper."

"Yes."

"And you're also Molly."

"Yes."

"And I'm not dreaming."

"No."

"Am I that clueless?" He whispered. I didn't know if I was meant to respond.

Suddenly Max jumped up, so fast he was like a blur. Then his face was barely inches from mine, his mop of hair grazing my forehead.

"Why would you lead me on like this?"

My throat had closed up, but there were no words for me to speak anyway. 

"I didn't lead you on," I managed to choke out.

"Do you just hang out with guys you see around this place? Do you try to make them think you have an actual chance when you spend your nights here!"

He waved his arms around frantically.

"I'm sorr-"

"I really liked you Molly! I really liked you!"

"I like you."

He was quiet. We were both breathing fast, adrenaline rushing through our veins. My heart beat was so loud it hurt my head, echoing through my skull.

He took a step back, stumbling over his own feet.

"I'm sorry Molly," He said, so quietly I almost couldn't here it.

"No," I said, collapsing into a head on the floor. "I'm sorry. I did kinda lead you on."

"Fuck."

My head snapped up.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You just swore."

"I did not."

"You totally did."

"Ok, I swear sometimes-"

"No you don't! You're mister Gosh-darnit!" I grinned so wide my cheeks hurt. "I caught you swearing."

"Ok, I get it, I'm not perfect."

"Thank god," I said. "I was starting to worry that you were some sort of cyborg that came back to kill us all with you're lack of cussing."

Max started to laugh. And then I started to laugh. And then we started to laugh harder, like it was a contest, who could laugh the loudest. I laughed so hard I felt like my stomach was exploding. Max laughed so hard tears rolled down his cheeks.

I didn't know what in the world could feel better at that moment, than laughing.

I tried to pull myself up, even though I was still letting out bursts of giggles. Max, still chuckling, held out his hand for me. I grabbed it.

Whatever happened in the next half a second was just a blur. And when things came back into focus, Max had his mouth on mine.

Max was kissing me.

Scratch that earlier comment. Kissing Max felt way better than laughing.

We froze there. We were both to afraid to move, to pull away, and face what we had done. His lips were so soft. All of the other guys I had kissed had chapped, hard, ruff lips, that came close to giving me cuts. Max's lips were softer than mine. And they tasted good, like peppermint. My lips probably tasted like old McDonald's.

And so I stayed there, and let his amazing soft lips, and the taste of peppermint become everything, and anything on my mind.

Maybe we could stay there forever.

---

IT HAPPENED!!! IT FINALLY FUCKING HAPPENED GUYS!!! I AM JUST AS SURPRISED AS YOU ARE!!!! 

Big moments, and short chapters.

Hey there! Thank you so very much for reading! If you liked it, please please please vote comment, and follow me, it's a huge help!

Thank you all who have read this far! It really means so much to me! And we're at 20,000 reads! (cue confetti)

But thanks. Like srsly.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes!

XOX