Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Liam looked incredibly nervous. That, or he really needed to pee.

"Calm down," I said. "It's just my apartment, not the white house."

Liam staired at his shoes.

I rolled my eyes, and shoved my key into the lock. James was inside, but he was supposed to keep the door locked. 

"I'm back," I said, loud enough for him to here, but soft enough so that it wouldn't wake him up if he was sleeping.

"Molly!" James yelled, running into the kitchen. He wrapped his arms around me in a huge hug. I giggled and bent down so we were eye to eye.

"Hey James," I said. "You having a good night?"

"Yeah," James said. "I ate a burger, and did the rest of my homework, and now I'm watching spong-"

James froze when he saw Liam. "Who's he?" James asked.

"Oh," I said, looking up. "This is Liam. He's my friends boyfriend."

Jame's eyes widened with (what seemed to be) fear. "No Molly, no, you can't!"

"I can't what?" 

James leaned in as if he was telling me a secret. "You can't kiss him Molly. That would be cheating. And then you'll loose you're friend." James leaned back and gave me a look, as if his point was proven.

I raised my eyebrow. "How do you know all of this?" I asked.

"Soap Opras," James said. "Mrs. Copper watches them."

"First of all, it's soap operas, second of all it's ok, because I have no intintions of kissing Liam."

James looked doubtful. "Really?"

"Really."

"Good," James said. He looked at Liam. "Do you want to watch Spongebob?"

"We'll be there in a minute," I told James, and he happily ran into the other room.

"You want some food?" I asked Liam. "There's like a million different McDonalds food in the fridge."

"I-is he... yours?" Liam asked.

"What?"

"Is he why you need extra money, and work at Dirty Girls?"

"Uh, yeah," I said.

"Sorry," Liam said, glancing at the ground. "I didn't know you had a kid."

"Not my kid," I said, opening the fridge.

"Huh?"

"James isn't my kid," I said. "You want a big mac?"

"But... he... why does..."

"He's my brother," I said, handing him a burger. "Now let's go watch some spongebob."

---

 It turns out that after learning that I had no intention of kissing Liam, James actually liked him. Once we reached the living room and Liam and I sat down, James plopped down inbetween us, and cuddled up next to Liam. It's needless to say that Liam looked as if a squid had just rested his head on his shoulder instead of a 6 year old boy.

I watched, rather ammused. We switched on spongebob, and watched 3 episodes, James clinging to Liam the whole time.

When we finished the third, I turned off the tv. "Ok James, it's time to go to bed."

James looked up at me with his biggest puppy eyes.

"Not gonna work. Get up."

James reluctantly stood up, his hand lingering on Liam's arm. I dragged James into his room, and tucked him into bed.

"Good night James," I whispered, kissing his forehead.

"Good night Molly," James answered.

I got up to leave, but just before I turned off the lights, James said, "Molly?"

"Yeah?"

"Liam's ok. He can come here more if you want." James paused and added. "As long as you don't kiss him."

"I'm pretty sure that won't happen," I said. "The kissing I mean. But maybe Liam can come by more alright?"

"Alright."

"I love you James."

"I love you too Molly."

I shut off the lights and closed the door. As I turned to head back for the living room, I found Liam waiting at the end of the hallway.

"So," He said. "That's your brother."

"Yup," I answered, heading back for the living room.

"And, you... you take care of him?"

"Uh huh." I flopped on the couch.

"That's... cool, I guess."

"Oh my god," I said. "Just sit down and watch tv. It will make things much less awkward."

Liam obeyed, sitting beside me. I flipped through the channels until I found Clueless. The movie had started half and hour ago, but I had seen it 5 times before, so I could keep up.

"Uh-" Liam started to say.

"Shush," I responded.

---

WELCOME! TO A WORLD OF WONDER! LALALALA LYRICS!!!

Hi!

I'm too tired to go back and spell check, so I will do that whole thing later. I apologies for the many grammar and spelling mistakes in this chapter.

Also, sorry this chapter is a little bit shorter, even though I took forever to write it. I am suffering from business and a slight case of writers block. The next chapter will be better though (I hope!)

Oh, I have exciting news... THIS HAS 360 READS/VIEWS/WHATEVERS!!!! (cue surprize party)

But thank you all so much for reading, it means so much to me. I never thought this would get so many reads/views/whatevers, even though I know it's very little compared to a lot of other stories on wattpad.

Just for the fun of it, the video is Spongebob, cause, why not?

Thank you my magical pumpkin friends!

XOX