Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I ran home to drop of James with Mrs. Copper. She begrudgingly took him, allowing me to race to school.

I reached science a little over halfway through the class. I ran through the halls until I reached the door, when I slowed down, and cached my breath (I wasn't a runner). I quietly opened the door and looked in.

Mrs. Samuels was at the board, explaining something about cells. She paused to look at me.

"Thank you for joining us Molly," She said, as I dropped my late pass on her desk. "Try to be a bit earlier next time."

I ducked my head as I walked to my desk. I sat down, and opened my notebook. I tried to duck down and stay invisible, scribbling down what was on the board.

At the end of class, I grabbed my stuff, and headed for the door. I was almost there, when someone's hand rested on my shoulder.

I don't really like being touched. Like, at all. And when I am, I'm startled pretty easily. So, this made my jump so high my head almost smashed into the ceiling, and I dropped my notebook, the stray papers stuck in it flying and settling on the floor.

I let out a loud angry noise- sort of a "ARGFFF!"- And reached down to pick them up.

"Sorry!" Max said, bending down next no me.

Max. Of course.

"Didn't mean to startle you. Just wondering if you wanted to meet up on Saturday? Around 2:00?"

"Um..." Saturday, Saturday. Did I have to strip/cook fries/return technically kidnapped children to their parents at 2:00 on Saturday?

"Yeah, I'm free. Where do you want to meet?"

"I was thinking that library just down the block from here. It's a really great place."

I felt my heart beat double as he said "library."

"Sure."

"Unless you want to meet somewhere else?" Max said, noticing the panic in my face. Or voice. Or general body language.

"No, it's fine." What was I doing? It wasn't fine! I had trouble in my school library! But the library Max was talking about- Barstow's Public Library- I had actual history with.

"Good. Saturday. 2:00."

"Yup."

"Perfect." Max flashed me a bright smile. "See you tomorrow, Molly."

"See you," I said, as he got up and walked out.

I tried to keep picking up my papers, but my hands were shaking to badly.

Shit.

---

HI.

Sorry for the short chapter. I just want to separate this chapter and the next one. Anyway, the next one will be longer, and (Most likely) have some more back story if you like that kind of thing.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Thanks for reading!

XOX

PS. Unrelated, but if you want to see my future husband, and just an awesome video, click the video thing... yah.