Chapter 2

Melody'S P.O.V

It's been a hectic week as people are coming to find various genres of novels. Since I don't have any workers in library, I had to show them their required ones.

After reaching home, I went to my room to get some sleep. Last night I didn't get enough sleep because of the nightmares. Just as I closed my eyes, my phone rings.

Argh...!!!! I'm going to kill whoever this is......

"Hello....."

"MELODY JACOBS!!! ARE YOU FREAKING SLEEPING????" I cringed as the sound bursted into my ears.

"Hello to you too Daisy"

"First, answer my question Mel"

"No, but I going to."

"Do you atleast remember what day it is?"

I don't even hear her as my mind drifted to sleep.

"MELODY....."

I jerked up at the scream.

"What Daisy?"

"You're impossible....I'm coming over there. Don't you dare to fall asleep." she cut the call without hearing my reply.

Thank God!!! Atleast I can sleep for 10 minutes.

After sometime I hear someone screaming my name. Probably Daisy. I took a pillow, covering my face with it. She snatched it away from me not bothering my cries of protest. I woke up slowly to see her.

She's standing there with a glare crossing her arms across her chest. I gulped feeling intimidated. No matter how sweet she is, her glare alone can give you chills.

" Do you know what time it is?"

I shook my head and looked at the clock. 7:45 only... I don't know what she's doing in my house at this time.

Suddenly I remembered.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Today's the party. God!!! What do I do... Now I have to face the wrath of Daisy. Let me tell you, it's not a pretty scene.

She did reminded me yesterday.

" I'm so sorry Daisy..." I put on my best puppy dog eyes knowing she can't resist it.

She exhales her breath.

" It's ok! Now get ready. Just because the time pass by doesn't mean you're not going."

I groaned getting up and went to bathroom. After a quick shower, I took a plain black jeans and cream colour floral printed shirt. Its simple but cute and comfortable.

Taking my phone, I went to downstairs for Daisy

Taking my phone, I went to downstairs for Daisy. As I entered the living room, the scene infront of me made my heart stop.

There's a man around in mid 20's wearing a grey shirt, black pants and a jacket. He was looking at my collection of books. He had to be a burglar cause Daisy didn't say she's bringing anyone.