Chapter 31

This chapter dedicated to one of my most favourite author 'YADDANAPUDI SULOCHANA RANI' who passed away 2 days ago.

I wish I met you before you left this world mam.... Your personality and your writings are my inspiration in every way. The books you wrote changed my whole perception on the world. I'll be always thankful to you for that.

REST IN PEACE!!

***

Hunter's P.O.V.

"I don't care what you do or how you do.... I want every damn fucking detail on Stephen Hyde within hours on my desk!!" I barked at Gabriel as soon as he told that he came for Melody this evening.

"Already on it" Gabriel replied, "There's something off about him" he halted his words for a minute, "Scratch that!! Everything is off about him."

I scowled thinking over his words.... Off about him?! Maybe he's the reason behind Melody's breakdown.....

"Okay. Do your work fast. I want it the first thing in the morning."

I cut his call and resumed making dinner. Melody didn't eat from the evening and I don't know when she ate before that.

Once I finished making simple dinner with available ingredients, I brought it to my room where Melody is resting. She is still looking disturbed and keep on shivering and sometimes jerking in her sleep. I sighed disappointed in myself that I couldn't help her in anyway.

Patting her softly, I tried to wake her up, "Melody."

The minute she felt my touch, she flinched covering away. Damn! Why is it painful to see her scared of me even if it's purely unintentional??

I shook her again just a little bit harder this time but it's enough to jerk her up in a flash. Looking around hysterically, her breath raged again in fear but soon relaxed when her gaze fell on me beside her.

"I brought you dinner" I informed observing her reaction.

First confusion, next realisation and then shock followed by fear!

She ducked her face not meeting my eyes. I can read what she's trying. Hiding from me!! What she doesn't know is I won't let her do it. She can't hide from me.....

Passing the plate infront of her, I ordered, "Eat!"

Slowly, she took a bite still lowering her head. I patiently waited for her to finish because I know it's not right time to ask anything. After eating one fourth of the food, she pushed the plate away.

"Done."

My brows raised as I repeated her word, "Done?"

Staring into my eyes, she gulped visibly and stuttered.

"I-I'm not hu-hungry."

Already in the bad mood because of the happenings today, Melody refusing to eat became the last straw for my patience.

"YOU ARE NOT A KID, MELODY!" I snapped loudly.

She flinched at my voice but I'm not in my sense to be concerned about it.

"I'm not here to beg you to eat your food. And no one here asked your opinion if you're hungry or not! When I brought you dinner, I expect you to eat atleast half portion of it. NOW FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST FINISH IT AND STOP PESTERING ME WITH YOUR CHILDISH TANTRUMS."

Shouting at the top of my voice, I turned away from her trying to catch my breath and calm my nerves from breaking.

Rubbing my temples, I sighed in irritation. This is really frustrating. I don't know where Andrew was. I don't know what he's planning. I don't know Melody's past. Totally..... I know NOTHING!!!