Chapter 36

Melody's P.O.V.

"Umm..... Hunter, you're not expecting me to step into THAT, are you?" I questioned hesitantly backing a little.

Hunter arched a brow, mirth clearly dancing in his eyes as he asked, "What's the problem in that?"

"PROBLEM? Seriously?!! Are you out of your mind to ask me that?" shouting almost hysterically, I looked at him disbelieving, "That is literally a–a– DEATH TRAP!!" I hissed pointing towards the plane.

He chuckled staring at me rising my temper more. How dare he?!

"This is NOT funny, Hunter!! And I'm not going in that and you can't make me" I snapped rushing back to the car.

He stopped me holding my hand, "It's okay, kitten. You—"

"No, it's not! It may be okay for you. But not to me. No, Hunter.... Don't make me do this, please...." I begged him.

Listening to my pleas, his face turned serious as he cupped my cheek.

"Is the fear because of flying for the first time or is there any other reason behind it?"

I lowered my eyes and gulped before answering, "It's not my first time. He..... Stephen would always take me with him whenever he had to go out of the city. At that time, he would drug me so that I won't remember most of the journey. Most of the time, it's on the planes. That's why..... I know it's a seems silly, but—"

"It's not silly" Hunter cutted me off frowning, "Stop thinking like that. You have the valid reason for your fears. And it is far from silly."

But I'm not in the state of acknowledging his words as I was busy in stealing glances at the plane fearfully.

Feeling a pair of lips on my cheek out of nowhere, I jerked in surprise and looked at Hunter smiling at me.

"I don't want to take any chances with your safety, Melody. Going on a roadway can be dangerous. That's why I thought to use the plane. But if you're uncomfortable, we can go by car."

Now that I think of his words, I realised he's saying truth. Though he gave me a choice, I couldn't take risk with our lives. With that, I agreed still  hesitantly.

He smiled in a comforting way, "I'll make sure you won't remember the past, trust me."

Returning his smile that I'm sure looks more like cringing, I shut my eyes and breathed in and out few times to get myself relaxed with the idea of travelling in that death trap.

No..... Not a death trap, Mel! Just a plane. Nothing else.... Like a box flying in the sky!

My brows furrowed at that thought.... Really Mel? A box?? You've gone mad!!

I chided myself for that crazy thought when I felt being lifted in the air by a pair of strong arms. Letting out a surprised yelp at the unexpected move, I quickly clutched Hunter's collar for the support.

"Hunter?!!" I shrieked, "What the hell are you doing? Put me down right now!" I demanded noticing our bodyguards and few other people just a bit far away from us.

"Shut up!"

My eyes grew larger at his reply. Leaning closer to me, he added, "Close your eyes and trust me."

Frowning, I opened my mouth to snap at him in frustration but seeing his stern glare, thought otherwise and did as he told.

After few seconds, I sensed him walking and I'm sure it's towards the plane causing my heart beat rising abnormally high that if listen, Hunter could hear it. Instinctively, my hand curled up around his neck and pulled him closer burying my face in the crook inhaling his mascular scent that helped me calm down a bit. But still there's a tension in me that refused to leave.