Chapter 38

The hustle bustle from outside couldn't reach my ears as my concentration is solely focused on Hunter getting treated by the doctor. Thankfully, the bullet hit him on his right shoulder and doctor said that there's nothing to worry much but Hunter needs to take rest and he must not use his arm for few days.

Some of the members who was with Hunter too injured. Tyson is with them in downstairs looking after their treatment. Alec and Gabriel were not seen till now. I breathed out in relief only after Hunter mentioned that they're safe.

And Hunter became like a cold person I don't know. The Hunter I know would bring the world upside down before a single tear could fall from his sister's eyes. But now, he did not show any type of reaction seeing Daisy crying a river. What happened to him that he's acting so cold and distant with everyone??

An uncontrollable sob came up to my throat but I gulped it with difficulty to not breakdown when the doctor took the bullet out of his arm. I so wanted to be beside him right now. But his cold demeanor is stopping not only me but Daisy too. We are standing in a distance waiting for his treatment to be completed.

After docor treated him, he gave painkillers but Hunter refused immediately.

"I don't need them. You can go now."

When doctor tried to convince, Hunter simply glared making him sigh.

"Alright. But take these if the pain is too much." Saying that, he left.

Daisy tentatively reached him and took his hand in hers and sobbed painfully. Hunter made no move to stop her but his eyes were on her.

Shutting his eyes tight, he turned his face away from her and took his hand back.

"I want to be alone. Leave me" he said to no one in particular.

Daisy quickly shook her head, "No Hunter..... how can I leave you in this condition?"

" What condition? I'm not dying here!! Will you all please shut your nonsense?! Get out and give me some fucking peace!" Hunter snarled angrily.

Before he could utter any rubbish that could hurt Daisy more, I intervened while she tried to deny.

"Let him take rest, Daisy. He will be fine."

Reluctantly, Jenna and the others left and I took Daisy to her room. She suddenly hugs me tight weeping heavily. Her sobs shook her entire body so violently, my heart broke hearing her cries.

"Shh..... Hunter is gonna be fine, Daisy. Stop crying."

"Why is he acting so distant with me?" she hiccuped.

Gripping her shoulders, I made her sit on the bed beside me and ordered wiping her tears, "Stop now. Quit crying."

When she holds herself, I took her hands in mine, "First, Hunter is behaving like that with not just you but everyone. And second, he's stressed out about something, Daisy. Give him sometime, he'll come around."

When she agreed, I came out giving space to her too. Both siblings are extremely stressed out and cranky right now. No one can handle their emotions. It's better to give them some alone time.

Entering my previous room, I decided to take a shower. Once I'm under the shower, my legs gave out and I fell on my knees feeling weak. All my fears, all my worries and all my tears I bottled up till now exploded fiercely like a volcano. I can't imagine how I controlled myself all this time. Hiding my face in my knees, I vent out all my despairs and restlessness through my tears. My shoulders hunched over with the intensity of my sobs.

I couldn't decipher why I'm crying like this even after knowing Hunter is safe now. Maybe it's my relief that made me burst out my emotions at once. I don't know how long I stayed like that.....