Chapter 32

Melody's P.O.V

Taking a huge breath, I took my bag and stuffed my clothes in it. Rushing to washroom, I grabbed my medicines. My sleeping tablets are almost over. Since that day, I started using them extra dose as my nightmares became regular. I need to buy them before I leave.

Once the packing is finished, I hide the bag under the bed. It's obvious no one would let me go I inform them I have to leave. Especially Hunter!! So, I decided to go from here without anyone's notice.

Stephen gave me one week time. But I can't use it to take another decision cause I know until I give up, nothing could stop him. It'll be so selfish of me if I take any risks with Cara's life. Till I had breath in me, I won't let anything happen to her. And definitely won't let her go through the hell I went on.

I always saw myself in her. But I'll fight with the entire world till my last breath to make sure that she won't have the same fate as mine.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on her!!

I shut my eyes as Stephen's words echoed in my ears. Why did I even came into their life?! Because of me, an innocent sole is in danger.

Enough is enough! Everything has a limit.... looks like my freedom has one too. Now it's time to be caged again!

What hurting me most is.... after getting out of their lives, I won't be able to meet them again. Probably, tomorrow is the last day for me with them. So, I should put these depressing thoughts out of my mind and enjoy the left time with all of them.

Coming out my room, I directly strolled to Cara's. Everyone must be asleep as it's already late. But I want to see her now. I need to make sure she's safe. Until then, my heart won't stop beating rapidly in my chest.

Opening the door, I witnessed the most heartwarming sight infront of me. Cara was fast asleep cuddling her teddy with a cute pout adorning her innocent face.

With slow and steady steps, I silently reached near the bed and kneeled down. Unable to stop myself, I stroked her hair smoothly and smiled when she snuggled more into my touch.

Taking her hand in mine, I placed a small feathery kiss on her palm.

"Nothing will ever gonna be happen to you, Princess" I whispered, "I'll protect you with my life."

Covering the duvet around her securely and giving one last kiss, I exited the room with a determined mind.

***

The next morning....

"Daisy, can we go to Nessa's today?" I asked as soon as I saw her.

She shot up her brows in surprise. Why wouldn't she?!
Since 10 days, I have not stepped outside the club and everyone was aware of it. Though they know something was wrong, they never voice it out. I'm gonna miss them real bad!!

"Why all of sudden?" Daisy questioned back.

I shrugged nonchalantly, "Just like that. And moreover I miss Eddie and his coffee" I grinned.

Chuckling, she nodded and stared at me for a moment.

"Are you okay, Mel?" She frowned scrutinizing me.

I nodded with a smile knowing very well why she's asking that. Since that day, I locked up myself in my room almost throughout the day only coming out if necessary. Daisy tried a lot to bring me out of my depression but it didn't help me. So, obvious when I myself came to her asking about going out, it's natural to be surprised and even doubtful.