Chapter 8

Melody's P.O.V.

We came to a cafe known as Nessa's which is three blocks away from library. It's small and cozy. And the most popular thing is coffee. My mouth starts watering at the slight thought of it. Daisy and I regularly came here as we both share the love of coffee. Also Edward, the owner of Nessa's is a good friend of us. He is 60 year old young man as he called himself. But for real, he's really dramatic and sometimes childish too. His wife Nessa died of cancer 10 years ago.

From what he told us, Nessa loves cakes and coffee immensely. And she'd give him away for those. But I know for sure that's completely absurd after seeing the love in his eyes. And I'm sure Nessa loved him as much as he is.

When we sat in our regular seats, a new waiter came to take the order.

"Hi, I'm Jake. I'll be the waiter for you today. What do you guys like to have?" he asked.

"One cappuccino and one black coffee" Daisy ordered our regulars. She insisted cappuccino and I, black coffee. Daisy constantly complains that black coffee tastes bitter. But it's my favourite and the slight bittersweet taste in my mouth feels so good. 

After sometime Jake brought us our beverages and placed infront of us. 

"Here you go ladies. Anything else you want?" he inquired.

"No thanks, Jake" I replied.

"Okay. If you need anything just call out for me" smiling again, he left us alone.

"He's nice. Not like others" Daisy said looking the way he went.

It's true. Almost all the waiters here hit on us. Mostly on Daisy. But she doesn't believe it. Says they want to make a move on me but I look unapproachable. I don't agree with her.

"Hmm..... Guess we can be good friends here, if he don't start flirting" I mumbled the last part under my breath not meant for her to hear.

It's exhausting to see all the guys flirt with Daisy even she turned them down so many times. It's not jealousy talking. But they give so much attention to us. The thing I hate most is attention. It's my enemy.

However Daisy heard my words and laughed loudly earning the other customers weird stares.

Shit... 

"Yes yes. But I think he's gay" she explained thinking " Because he didn't even check you out once. Look at you!!! How could he not see your beauty? I bet he's either gay or has a REALLY bad taste."

"Stop it, Daisy" I muttered embarrassingly. 

This is my problem. I can't take compliments. If anyone praised me I get embarrassed and make the whole situation awkward by saying something stupid. I'm accustomed by someone complimenting me. Always has a feeling they're mocking.

In the middle of our conversation, Edward came to us.

"Why did you two came?" he demanded us.

"For coffee, duh" Daisy said igniting his fury more.

"Coffee... COFFEE....." by now he's shouting "Okay, fine. Drink your coffee and go to hell. What am I to you, huh? NOTHING.... Here I am waiting for you two for nearly half month and now you both came her to have coffee. Have it and go away. Perhaps God wants me to die alone without any friends. Especially two girls whose names start with D and M. Maybe this is my cruel fate" he signed dramatically and wiped his fake tears.

See what I say!? Totally dramatic...

I chuckled at his behaviour while Daisy bursts out in fits of laughter.