Chapter 12

Melody's P.O.V.

"Melody, I think you should stay here for a few days" Hunter said.

"WHAT?!" I nearly screamed in shock.

"Maybe it's best for you to move in right now. I'll escort you with one of my men or you can take Daisy too. Make sure to pack sufficient amount of your things. Even I don't know how long you will be staying here" he continued to say without giving me a chance to voice my opinion.

Who does he think he is?!

"Excuse me?" I said confused.

"Daisy too stays here. So you won't be feel lonely. And you have to take one of my men whenever you go out. Personally, I'd prefer you close the library for sometime and not going anywhere. You can tell my men if you want something. They'll bring it. But if you want to open the library, you can. Then you will have a bodygaurd with you all time. He makes sure you don't get into any kind of trouble. If there's a trouble he can't deal with which is impossible, he'll call me and I'll come" when he did not stop I asked again.

"Excuse me?"

Then I got his attention, "What?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked clueless about what he's talking.

"You're staying here for few days" he repeated again.

Argh......

" I heard what you say. But don't I have a say in this" by now I'm irritated and slightly scared too.

"No" he declared monotonously.

I'm shocked would be an understatement.

"What" I screamed, "What do you mean 'No', ha? You can't rule my life. Who the hell do you think I am? That I'd be jumping around for living with you. I have my own life. And if some shit comes to me, then I am the one who deals with it. Not you."

"Oh yeah! I just saw how you fairly deal with the earlier incident" he mocked.

"HUNTER" Daisy hissed at him fuming with anger.

I took a step backward at his mocking.

Did he really make fun of me?! 

Something in me just snapped. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because of firing, my dream or maybe it's because I'm exhausted with all the bizarre in my life, all things happened to me. My patience breaks all of sudden.

Normally, if someone ordering me or screaming at me, my first instinct was to cover away. Then I'd be doing what they say. Living almost all my life with him did that to me.

But now, when Hunter said I have to live with them, I feel like all that pain, all that memories coming back. All that deeds are occuring again and my main fear is if I was to live with them, then they got to know about my dreams. I can't risk it. Almost all my dreams are ended with my screams. I'm so scared they might find it.

The extreme fear in me gives a stubborn courage. That courage is the sole reason of my backtalk to Hunter. Now the damage was done, I'm not retreating.

"Who are you to mock me, ha? If you want to do some 'protection' to prove that you're a 'hero', do it for Daisy or to yourself or to some others I don't care. But you are not ordering me around like I'm some kind if puppy" I seethed with anger.

Hunter's eyes widened at my voice. Even I was surprised at the intensity of my words.

He stepped towards me and in a reflex action I took a step backward. He smirked evilly seeing this.