Chapter 39

Melody's P.O.V.

"W–What?" Daisy stuttered in shock. Pain is completely evident in her face. For few minutes, she remained calm which scared us.

Hunter cupped her face, "Please say something, bunny. You're making me worry."

"You do remember your promise, right?" Daisy questioned. Seeing Hunter's confused face, she added, "I want to meet him."

Realisation dawned upon him and his face turned uneasy, "Please Daisy, think again. I can't risk your safety. Don't make me do this, please.... For me?" he literally begged.

From what I know, Andrew was the one who killed their parents. I can understand both their point of views. Daisy needs to leave that pain and guilt behind and that only happens when she meets Andrew. She has to let out her bottled up emotions. And Hunter is trying to protect her from the evil side of life she wants to face. He knew Daisy will breakdown if she comes infront of her parents murderer and he wants to avoid that pain from her. Both are right in their place.

"I need to meet him, Hunter" Daisy demands strongly.

Hunter's face filled with disappointment and he looks exasperated but still tried, "Daisy—"

"I don't want to hear anything more. I will meet him, with or without your permission, Hunter. It's up to you to decide whether you want to accompany me or not" she declared and went away without giving a heed to her brother's words.

Hunter sat on the couch with tensed face and everyone started to leave till it's only me and him. I slowly stepped towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder. Instantly, he wrapped his arms around my hips tightly and nuzzled his face in my stomach. Though I was shocked at first by his sudden action, I ran my fingers through his hair giving him the comfort he wants.

"Explain to her, Melody" he mumbled slowly, "Please stop her from doing this. I can't see her breakdown, I'm completely helpless, Melody. Do something."

Hesitating a little, I asked, "Can I tell you one thing?"

He raised his head to look at me and in that moment, he totally resembles a vulnerable child that I want to do everything in my hands to shield from the pain I'm witnessing in his eyes right now.

"I don't know if you know about this or not.... but Daisy is feeling guilty of your parents death. She thinks she's responsible for their accident."

His face morphed with shock, "What the fuck?!" he yelled standing up in a jerk, "What the hell is wrong with her? I'll talk to her about this right now."

I got hold of his hand to stop him but when he tried to let go of my grip with his bandaged hand, I snapped in anger.

"STOP IT, IDIOT!!"

He froze hearing my loud voice. I took his hand checked if it's bleeding again. I sighed when it's not and cupped his face making him look into my eyes.

"Listen.... I know you're worried about Daisy, but first calm down and hear me out carefully. After that whatever your decision might be, I'll support you without a word, okay?" I told softly.

He sighed and nodded. "Let her meet him."

"What?! Are you—" The next minute, he looked at me shocked with wide eyes because.... I slapped his lips as soon as he started talking!!

" Let me complete first!" I snarled irritated with his continuous shouts. Exhaling heavily, o tried to convince him, "Daisy has to remove that guilt, Hunter. She has to be free from that burden. Everytime she remember her parents, the only thing that's eating her is guilt. She held herself responsible for their demise. And the only way to remove that is by letting her meet him. Let her take out all her pent up anger on him. Give her a chance to let out the bottled up emotions. It'll set her free, Hunter. Please think about it..... She needs a closure in this."