Chapter 18

Melody's P.O.V.

It's been a week since I started living in the club. In these days meeting the bikers puts my mind at some ease as they're all so kind and welcoming. Though they do a lot of fights and bickerings, they also protective of each other. They may don't have a blood relation, but what they do have is more than that. I'm in awe when I first saw it. And they treat me just like Daisy. With care and respect.

I got more close to Cara and Jenna. Helping Jenna in the kitchen is so much fun. She tells me all about Tyson and Daisy's childhood incidents which made me laugh so hard that I had to grip the counter tightly to not let myself fall. When I asked Hunter's memories, she gave me a sad smile and said he didn't have a childhood. After that she's silent and moody thinking distantly. In that time, I want to kick myself for making her sad. The thought of asking about Hunter didn't even cross my mind. It just came out of my mouth before I could stop it. So, I quickly changed the conversation back to Tyson and Daisy. Even though she smiles then, I could still saw her saddened eyes. I became aware of the fact that I touched the sensitive part.

Maybe it has to do something about his parents.

Daisy said they died when he was 10. Such a young age to lose our loved ones. True I too lost my parents when I was young. But I didn't have anyone to take care of. All I think about and scare about is myself. I could only imagine how hard it is for Hunter to take care of Daisy and not let her feel the absence of their parents. But I know even with the whole world beside us, we always feel incomplete without our loved ones. If it's our parents, then the pain will be unbearable. It's a hole that can't be filled ever. I can't shook away Jenna's words from my head.

He didn't have a childhood.  

Hunter didn't have a childhood. Just like me.

Grasping the truth that Hunter had gone through the same pain as me felt like a pang in my chest. From the shopping day, I saw him only few times, that too in breakfast and dinner sometimes. No matter where all are, Jenna is dead set on eating together like a family. 

Hunter is free with Daisy and Jenna showing his trueself. But with others, even if he's close to them, he's cold and distant. With Cara, he's always caring and sometimes funny too. From the day Jenna said that to me, I'm seeing the black shadows in his eyes I've never noticed before. Sometimes, I'm seeing myself in him. And that is more disturbing than everything. That way, I also know he don't share any of his troubles and pain with anyone. 

I wish he would open up with someone.

Exhaling heavily and shooking my head to dismiss his thoughts, I looked up to see Gabriel sitting just a few steps away from me and watching me. He do that everyday in this library. Sitting there, observing me and the surroundings in full alert. Always. I didn't saw him relaxed till now. He's uptight. When customers came to me, he'd appear right next to me in a light speed I don't even see him move. At first, I'm so uneasy with him being with me all the time in the library and sometimes in the club too. But I adjusted with the change in my life.

Gabriel is silent. As in, way too silent. Not with just me, with everyone. I sometimes wonder if he's even there at all. But it didn't make him less favorite person in the club. Everyone respect him so much.

He won't leave me for one second. I'm waiting for him to get tired of babysitting me. I sighed thinking about it and suddenly a memory that happened two days ago hit me like a blow.

Meeting Cassidy.

Two days ago

"Come on Daisy, we have to hurry up. Jenna probably need our help" I whined as she's taking forever to get ready.