Chapter Three

W O N D E R L A N D

A young Lola running in her background as fast as her little 2 year old legs could carry her to her sister Jamie

First day of Kindergarten meeting Brittany

Going to a theme park with Jamie

Christmas after she turned 7 getting a dog

First funeral, saying goodbye to her paternal grandfather

Watching Megan Drown

Second Funeral

First day of middle school and trying out for the cheerleading team

Breaking her leg in 7th grade

Jamie meets Sean at her first high school party

Starting high school and meeting the rest of her friends

First Date

Cheering at the homecoming game

First Kiss

Becoming nominated captain of the varsity cheerleading team

Seeing a news report about the mysterious ship flying over Earth

The First Wave

Hiding in her house with Sean and Jamie

The Second Wave

The pond that Lola lived by overflowing so dangerously high they had to leave

Inhabiting an empty home that was more inland

The Third Wave

Finding a cabin in the woods

Saying goodbye to her parents after the pandemic

The Fourth Wave

The dress

2 gunshots

2 dead bodies

1 scared princes

Lola awoke with a start, breathing heavily and immediately tried to free herself from the restraints. She couldn't distinguish the sweat from tears on her forehead. Reznik and Vosch freed her from the straps and she shot up, running to the corner of the room. The two of them held their hands up trying to calm her.

"What was that! What did you do to me! Why did you do that"

Vosch spoke in slow whispers to her, as if she was a rabid dog about to attack.

"That was Wonderland, we looked through your memories for precautions. We needed to see if you were an Other. There's no need to be afraid"

He paused, waiting for some sort of response but he got none. Lola's breathing slowed down but she was still very shaken up. Reznik straightened her back and looked at her with pity.

"We saw everything you did. That night at the cabin, when you got the dress, what you did was very brave. Not many kids here would be so brave as to sh"

"Stop"

Reznik and Vosch cocked their heads as they were not accustom to being interrupted, or disrespected at all.

"Easy Princess. You know I sorta like you, you got some sass and your not afraid to be ruthless. Your a little killing machine and you know it. I'm going to take you to Dr. Pam and then to your new squad"

The two sergeants turned on their heels, and expected Lola, or Princess as they called her, to follow. They brought her to a room, similar to the one she had just been in, but without the chair. The chair was replaced with a table, a cabinet, and a rotating chair. Dr. Pam waited for her inside, her eyes softer and kinder than the ones of Vosch and Reznik.

529 words
--
I know I ended this abruptly and I'm not sure why. I mean I sorta do because every chapter I write is written in the dead of night because that's the only time I have motivation to write.