Chapter Six

Reznik was not happy with Princess. He brought her outside, despite the pouring rain. Princess tried to avoid the stares of all the kids peering out the window. She tried putting on a brave face but in all honesty she as scared. She didn't know if she brought her out here to kill her or something.

Reznik stopped at the edge of the track that the kids ran on every morning. She paused and waited to Princess to catch up. Reznik wanted to keep her in line, discipline her, and make sure she never stepped out of line again.

"Princess, why did you hurt Private Tank"

She looked to the ground. "He said he could beat me, and called me a bitch, and I didn't want him to beat me"

Reznik tried to stop from letting a smirk slip through but couldn't help it. Reznik saw the fire in her and wanted to use it, fule it, to make a killing machine.

"So you decided to be a pansy and get mad. 'Aw no, I don't want the boy to be mean to me, that's not nice'. Well suck it up, you won't become the best by being a bitch."

Lola hated being called a bitch, but Princess would do something about it. Princess couldn't look Reznik in the eyes. She hated being called a bitch and was afraid if she looked into Reznik eyes she get hurt.

"Alright Princess, I want you to run laps until Tank gets back. I'll inform Tank and the rest of your squad. Now get to it"

She started on the track with a light jog until she heard Reznik again.

"What the hell did I say Princess! I told you to run laps god dammit!"

So she did.

She was tired from planking and hurting Tank. She was out of breath and her mind couldn't will her legs to move. But what moved her legs was anger.

She was angry at Reznik for making her do laps.

She was angry and Tank for calling her a bitch and thinking he could beat her.

She was angry at herself for becoming someone who wasn't Lola.

She was angry at the world for changing her into someone she didn't want to be and making sure she wouldn't survive as Lola.

As she neared the start of the track she saw Reznik making her way back into the base, saluting the guard who was holding the door open. She also saw the heads of kids peering through the windows at her. None of them knew what was happening except for squad 53.

She could see Nugget struggling to see her through the high windows. She saw Teacup and Dumbo looking at her with worry. She saw Poundcake gazing expressionless at her. She saw Flintstone arguing with Zombie, probably saying something along the lines of 'she's insane! Did you see what she did! She can't stay here'. But Zombie wasn't paying attention, he was starting at her with sad eyes. He pitied her and that made Princess mad. She powered through another lap, then another. She didn't need anyone to pity here, she didn't need their feelings when she was trying to live without any.

It was easy to drown in emotions and if she didn't have any, there was nothing to drown in. She had made it to her sixth lap, and had completed much more than a mile. She was tired of pumping with her arms and let them hang next to her, shivering in the morning cold. She could sense her throat tightening from breathing so hard, and she couldn't do anything about it. Tank hadn't come back from the nurses yet, or else she would have stopped, so there was nothing to do but keep going. She completed a seventh lap, and then an eight.

She was cramping up on her left side and clenched it tight with her already weak arms. To her surprise there were still some people watching. She guessed there wasn't much to to at the camp then watch a poor girl suffer on a track. She could see Zombie standing in the window with his jaw clenched and didn't know what he was up to. But she had no time to think, she needed to complete another lap.

Inside the base Zombie was furious. He had heard what Tank had said about her and thought the response was warranted. He saw her complete her ninth lap, looking as if another step would kill her and had enough. He turned on his heel and made his way to the door.

"Dumbo, keep everyone in order, I'll be back"

Flintstone ran up to him and grabbed his bicep.

"Zombie what the fuck are you doing, your not going to go out there or something? Reznik would kill you A-N-D her"

Zombie stared into the boys eyes as he ripped his arm from his grip. H walked out the door ignoring Flintstone telling him he was 'an idiot, getting what you deserve'. As he passed the other barracks he saw some kids peering out through the window at Princess. He heard murmurs from them all as he walked by. From barrack 38 he heard 'lap 13' then from lap 22 he heard 'lap 17'. He walked until he saw the infirmary. He charged inside only to be pushed back by Reznik.

"Woah there private, what are you doing out of your barrack"

Zombie stood at attention, hands behind his back.

"Sir, Private Zombie requests that Private Princess cease her laps"

Reznik chuckled, surprised that Zombie would go as far to ask for permission.

"You heard what I said, she can stop when Private Tank comes back"

He stepped back to reveal Tank on a table holding bloody tissues to his nose.

"And from what I can see, he is not doing well"

Zombie was about to rebute when he was stopped by a soldier approaching Reznik.

"Sir, Seargant Vosch would like me to inform you that a girl has passed out on the track."

Reznik nodded, as if it was nothing, but to Zombie it was more. He felt responsibility for her, they were in the same squad and she was obviously not well. Zombie looked to Reznik for some sort of indication regarding if he could go and get her but he got none.

"Zombie my rule still applies, when Tank goes back she can stop"

Zombie was furious, he walked past Reznik and grabbed Tank by the collar. Tank stumbled as he was thrown from the table by followed after him.

"Private Zombie what in Gods name are you doing!?"

Zombie ran past all the barracks with Tank in tow and heard more murmurs from barracks.

'She's on the ground now'

'Is she ok?'

'Do you think she's dead?'

Zombie made it back to squad 53 and practically threw Tank inside.

"Tank get in there, Dumbo keep doing what your doing, I'll be back'

He sprinted from the door to the exit. Squad 53 knew exactly what he was doing and rushed to the window.

Zombie was sprinting towards the track where Princess lay. Struggling to catch her breath. Drowning

1203 words
--
I moved this all way too fast but I'm eager for their relationship to start and don't want to change anything cause I've written so much