Chapter Seven

Princess couldn't remember the last time she had been held. Partially because it had been a while, and because she had just done 20 plus laps around a track and was exhausted.

She looked up at who's arms she was in and was she to see Zombie. He looked tired, not from carrying her, but from life. Zombie had lost so much in his life so far and was not about to let someone die within a month of meeting her.

When Princess came to full consciousness she freaked. She had just been on the verge of what felt like dying and now she's in Zombies arms. She flailed her limbs until Zombie couldn't hold on any longer.

"What!? Princess what the hell!?"

Princess brushed off the dirt from her uniform with her still shaking hands.

"I'm fine, you don't need to carry me"

She kept walking towards the base, trying to ignore the overbearing pain she was feeling all over her body. All she wanted was to keep pushing, towards what she didn't know, but she needed to. The only problem is she was hurting all over.

She has tried to be stronger than the water but forgot that she couldn't.

But she persisted on, ignoring her pain and Zombi groaning behind her. When the two of them made it back to their barrack they were greeted by a rush of voices and jeers. Princess tried her best to drown it out but couldn't ignore them all.

"Princess are you ok? how many laps did you do?"

"Reznik is going to kill you, what are you going to do?"

"Zombie what the fuck were you thinking?"

"Why didn't you stop?"

"How are you feeling?"

Princess walked right past them all, pushing Dumbo aside in the process. She stalked straight into their barracks bathroom and shut the door. She hoped that the people on the other side couldn't hear her cry.

She was disappointed in the person she had become. Lola wouldn't have pushed past all the people concerned for her. Lola wouldn't have even been so driven to prove a point she would have put her health on the line. Lola wouldn't have ever hurt someone. But she wasn't Lola anymore, as much as she wanted to be, she could never go back.

Outside of the bathroom the remaining squad 53 was in a frenzy. Questions and voices of worry rant throughout the barrack. Most of them were worried Reznik would come charging in, ready to make them all pay, but it never came. The again the morning was still young.

Reznik still had their morning run planned but nobody was sure if it was to ensue. Vosch had been seen walking up and down the corridors talking to various guards and Reznik was nowhere to be seen so as far as they knew everything was at a halt.

If what they all assumed was true then they were to be heading to Lunch, then P&D in about two hours. Zombie had been sitting in his bunk thinking for a while. He felt a responsibility for Princess, she was in his squad and he was the unofficial leader.

Nugget had been clinging to Zombie as of late and it only made him more vulnerable to emotion. Any time that Zombie was dealing with a situation he would always find Nugget snuggling next to him.

This situation was no different, and Nugget was tucked under Zombies arm whispering something sounding like 'you did the right thing' and 'I hope she's ok'.

But Princess was quite the opposite of ok. On the other side of the door, slumped against the wall, she was crying. She had let loose of every emotion she had been holding in since the start. Since she had to leave her home, since she lost her parents, since she found the dress, and since she shot that gun.

It was as if it was her first time crying, or showing any emotional at all. Her hands were flying everywhere, raking through her hair, and covering her face. She was shaking and letting loose of everyone in her. All the people she's held on to that will never come back.

It took about 20 minutes for Princess to calm herself again and by that time almost everyone had lost interest in the situation. Flinstone, Oompa, Poundcake, and the newly returned Tank were playing cards in the middle of the room. Teacup and Poundcake were relaxing in their beds and Nugget and Zombie were sitting together.

When Princess stepped out of the bathroom she tried not to make any eye contact but failed. All eyes immediately flew to hers and she felt like she was going to cry all over again. The people she was a nuisance to were real, and she could see them and touch them with ease.

Thinking about what you've done is a lot easier than coming face to face with it.

She tried her best to ignore all the stares as she walked over to her bed, underneath Teacups, sat in it, and closed her eyes. But she could still feel their stares. All these people had seen what she did. They saw her push herself to prove a petty point and lash out on someone to get the upper hand. But they also saw her at her weakest, clinging to Zombie like her life had depended on it, when it really did. They had seen her show a range of emotions very unfamiliar to them with their own eyes and Princess couldn't handle the fact that the same eyes were watching her right now.

1035
--
I have a lot to say so buckle up
-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200+ READS!!
-I'm going to be without wifi for two weeks starting on the 23rd so I'm trying to pump out some chapters before I leave
-A quick reminder that in the book (which I'm following) Zombie was declared leader after their paintball activity so he's just another person in the squad as of now
-I feel like I'm rushing this all but I'm just very excited for Princess and Zombies relationship cause I have SO much planned