THE THIRD WAVE

The Third Wave starts as a plague that wiped out around 97% percent of the remaining human population. Also known as the "blood plague", "the Red Death", and "the Fourth Horseman", the Others genetically engineered this virus to have an almost-perfect kill rate. The 3rd Wave was spread throughout the globe by the use of birds as the carriers of the disease. With over 325 billion birds, "the Others couldn't invent a more efficient delivery system." The virus developed within the birds( via falling excrement)and then became airborne. People infected with the virus first exhibited cold-like symptoms, and it progressed from there to the point where "blood poured out of every inch of your body". Eventually, the virus would take hold of their victim's mind, and the infected person would die in a "series of seizures." The infected people turned into viral bombs that spread the infection to all the other people nearby.

———

Lola had never been camping before, and didn't know if the experience she was having in the abandoned cabin was anything similar to the "happy family fun" stereotype of family camping trips. Then again this wasn't a family camping trip. It was her, her brainwashed sister with her asshole boyfriend, and parents.

Lola hadn't left the little cabin in days and didn't plan on it any time soon. The only people that ever left were Sean, Jamie, and her father and that was only to venture into the woods to look for anything that could help them. They always came back empty handed.

Lola kept herself busy by playing a lot of solitaire, napping, and "exploring" the small cabin. In her time she had found a children's toy set that had been very worn out, an old radio (sadly it didn't work but she was excited to find it either way), and a dress.

The dress was a pale pink and happened to be just her size. If Lola's life wasn't constantly in danger and she wasn't in a state of insane confusion over what was happening to her life she would have been excited.

When Lola was in school she went to plenty of cheerleading banquets and events where she would have worn a dress like the one she had found. She would have danced around her house, spinning around in the dress like a princess.

But she didn't.

Her parents hadn't been feeling very well lately. She had noticed it after Sean had come back from 'scouting the woods'.

Her parents were in a constant sweat and had progressively become weaker. She had tried avoided them since it happened. She loved them without a doubt but with all the confusion fogging her mind and their airborne sickness (according to Sean) she couldn't be around them.

She had been comfortable with how she was living, until she heard her parents door open and the sobs of her sister. She didn't know if she should run and and check on her but whatever there was in that room that made her cry she didn't want to be apart of it.

She tip toed over to the door and found her sister crying outside her parents door in the arms of Sean.

Her parents were dead and she knew it. She knew because Jamie didn't cry. She didn't cry over anything and anyone. Ever.

But Lola wasn't Jamie. Lola cried over everything, anytime.

477 words
--
-Hey y'all it's been a fat minute since I've updated and I've done a(absolutely nothing I just procrastinated) lot and hadn't had the time to update
-hey I have some more bad news! School starts soon! So less updates! I'm not going to abandon this so I'm hoping for a couple updates a month?!?! Maybe more?!!
-I'm doing cute little collage things for each chapter and I haven't done many as of now but I'm working on that
-Also THANKS FOR SO MANY READS WTFF