THE FIFTH WAVE

Her sister believed them, the others. Their plan had completely flown under the radar and now she understood.

"because we're kids, they thought they could manipulate us into doing their dirty work." Ringer said, summing up her thoughts perfectly.

"We're not fighting the 5th Wave. We are the 5th Wave." Zombie said, looking around at all the other kids making the same discoveries.

"Oh, God. So... What do we do?" Dumbo worried aloud.

"Take out your trackers." Ringer said.

"We go AWOL. This means we can't go back. You know that, right?"

"Nugget. I left him back at the base. I was trying to protect him." Zombie said, Princess remembering the fact as well.

"We gotta go back." She stated.

"That's suicide, guys." Teacup said, the worry evident in her voice.

"No. We gotta go back." Zombie said, giving Princess a look that she then gave back.

"You can't just wander back in there. They'll know." Dumbo said, arguing their point.

"We can't leave him there!" Princess yelled.

"I'll put the tracker back in. Me and Princess will get picked up. You guys go ahead. We will meet up with you later."

The group took a second to contemplate. The risk was high but that applied for almost every thing they did.

"Dumbo, where can I take a bullet in the torso and not die?" Princess said.

"Are you serious?" Zombie whispered, speaking only to Princess regardless of the outcries of disbelief from the rest of the group.

"We're going to have to get back somehow..." Princess said, and Zombie took a second to understand before springing into action. "Where can we take a bullet in the torso? You gotta make it look real. It's the only way were getting back in alive."

"It's impossible, man. There's too many organs." Dumbo confessed.

"There's gotta be somewhere, man." Zombie argued.

"Ringer" Princess said, calling for her attention and then addressing the group "she can make the shot, all right? I know she can."

"You want me to shoot you?" She said apprehensively.

"Don't pretend like you haven't thought about it." Princess said with a slight smile,  as big of a smile as she could muster considering the context of her joke.

Ringer and Dumbo debated on where to shoot them before carrying out their plan. The plan that would involve them risking their lives in order to leave and go risk their lives. But it was a risk they had to take.

424 words // Sorry for the short chapter, but there's only a few left!!