Chapter Eleven

A/N Italics are parts from chapter ten :)

The walk back to the barrack was fairly silent. The only noise coming from their feet. Princess strut in front of the whole squad, trying to ignore the fact that they were behind her. She was filled with rage and confusion.

She was furious that Reznik gave the position to Zombie and not her, she felt like she deserved it. But she was confused because she didn't know if the squad caught on to what Reznik said to her.

"Well Princess doesn't this situation seem pretty familiar? You do remember that day in the woods right? You know, the one when your sister gave you the dress, only for it to be more of a burial dress. You stood just like this, and what did you do?"

It haunted her in a way she didn't understand. She had tried to block out that moment, hell, that entire day for so long. She wanted to pretend it never happened and not have to ever think about it again.

But now she wasn't the only person alive who knew about it.

"Hmm? Princess? Why don't you tell us? I'm sure your squad would love to know?"

She hoped her squad would never mention it again.

The door made a loud noise as Princess threw it open, startling the rest of her squad. She strutted to the bathroom, throwing the door open yet again, and locking it behind her when it closed.

She was being insanely over dramatic and she knew it, but she wasn't going to do anything about it. When she was Lola she liked to think that if she didn't have her parents around she around be just as respectful and aware of her life if she didn't.

She was wrong.

She lost all of the stereotypical cheerleader pep that people at her old school knew her for. She no longer cared for consequences as much, and acted without much thought.

Living in an apocalypse filled with unknown monsters and the constant threat of death probably contributed as well.

Princess also lost her need to cry. Lola would cry as any normal person did. But Princess wasn't a person and didn't feel like one either. She felt like a machine drowning in too many commands.

Princess sat with her back against the wall, playing with a loose string on her jacket trying not to flip out and rip the sink off the wall next to her. She sat for what was probably an hour before anyone disturbed her.

There were three soft knocks coming from the door. They echoed in the bathroom walls, making her wince with each hit.

Princess stood slowly and head to the door, narrowly missing the sink she was under with her head. She walked over to the door and opened it slightly just to see who was on the other side.

To her surprise, she was met face to face with none other than her new squad leader, Zombie. He looked surprised to see that she had even opened the door and stuttered for a bit before he was even able to speak.

"Princess, hey, so um, I wanted to see if you were ok. Ya know about the whole squad leader thing"

She was not ok

"Oh, I'm ok"

He had expected a bit of a different answer and now all the things he had planned on saying to calm her down or make her feel better went out the window. Princess, on the other hand, having very little interest in speaking to him didn't notice.