Chapter Five

After Princess and Zombies conversation the other week they didn't talk. It's not like either of them cared anyway, they just wanted to graduate and get far away from the base. Time at Camp Haven had been pretty easy so far, the schedule was tight and the work was rigorous but at least they weren't starving in the forest surrounded by threats.

At least that's how Princess saw it.

Everyone else in the squad hated it, always groaning and complaining. Sure Princess wouldn't mind if they didn't spend their entire day in the sun, but at least she wasn't dead.

She felt that way about her experience at Camp Haven until the morning she first heard of P&D.

She was still a bit of an outsider to her squad, but they all spoke occasionally. Tank had mentioned it offhand and when she asked what it was everyone went silent. They had been sitting on the floor of their barrack, playing their usual game of cards. Princess leaned against her bed, adjacent to Zombie, next to Teacup and Poundcake.

"Well, is anyone going to tell me what P&D is?"

More silence. Princess hated it. She shot up, startling Nugget, and straightened her uniform.

"well if none of you are going to tell me, that's fine, screw you."

She stalked off to her bed which wasn't very far from where she was siting and made very little impact. She put her head down on her pillow and rested her right leg on top of the other.

She knew she wasn't being very kind to her squad but she didn't care. She barely knew any of these people and didn't see why she needed to be making friends in a time like this. This wasn't a time to be making friends, it was a time to be weeding out people who weren't your friends.

She heard Tank whisper to Flinstone.

"I'm glad Princess missed Zombies getting lashed at by Reznik for defending Nugget. I mean, she would probably laugh or something fucked up like that. She's phsyco, why the hell did we get stuck with her"

She heard Flintstone mumble what sounded like "yeah" and got upset. Was she really that bad? She didn't used to be like this. She was the captain of the cheerleading team and friends with everyone. She was a people person and never failed to make a friend. Teachers loved her and she never really knew how lucky she was to be like by everyone.

She didn't want to get upset in a room full of strangers and decided to leave. She grabbed her towel and wash items so nobody questioned why she was up and leaving. She barely made it to the door of the bathroom when the door on the other side of the barrack swung open.

"Princess!"

She stopped waking and felt eyes watching her. She knew that voice, it had been haunting her for the past week. Reznik. The voice that told her she was weak when she lost her pace in the morning run. The voice that told her if she couldn't do another push-up she was dead already.

"Get your ass back over here, you and your squads going to do some things for me before you start your day "

She rotated on her heel until she faced Reznik and walked back to her bunk. She placed her towel and wash items on her bed and made her way to her squad, all of whom were standing at attention. Reznik watched her every move.

"I want a plank until you drop. Then your going to head to your morning run. P&D after lunch with the rest of the camp."

If the squad wasn't afraid of what Reznik would do to them they would have groaned.

They all got into a plank position, watching each other. They all looked to find who was worse than them, they didn't want to be the weak link. There were small huffs from everyone until they found a place that they were comfortable in, well, as comfortable that you could be in a plank.

Princess had no trouble with the plank at first, she was used to a rigorous workout. Coming to Camp Haven had definitely pushed her limits. She had worked hard for cheerleading but not hard enough to be deemed ready to fight in a battlefield.

She watched Nugget, Teacup, Poundcake, and Dumbo struggle she began to notice how much her arms really hurt. They had been in the position for a while now, everyone was tired but nobody waned to be the weak one.

Flintstone and Tank were mumbling to each other again. The two of them were obviously getting very tired. Flintstones back was caving in and Tank was beginning to shake. Tank turned to face Flintstone and spoke through gritted teeth.

"We just have to outlast Princess. We won't beat Zombie, but we can beat that bitch"

Princess wasn't sure what happened next. The person who stood up from her position and used her foot to slam Tanks face into the floor wasn't who she thought she was. She wasn't the girl she had been for the past 17 years of her life. She thought she was Lola, but Lola wouldn't do that.

Lola would only complain to her friends about what someone had said to her and not take action. Princess was the one who did it, she was the one watching the blood seep from Tanks nose.

After the definite snap of Tanks nose it was quiet for a short while. Nobody but Princess, Flintstone, and Zombie had heard what Tank said. Everyone else thought she was insane, especially Reznik.

"Princess! What in gods name was that!"

She turned to Reznik but couldn't choke out an answer.

"Tank, get to Dr. Pam. Princess, come with me"

Princess watched Tank stand up slowly, trying to support himself but also stop the blood from falling to the floor. She couldn't move. Her foot was still planted right next to where Tanks head was. She was turned to Reznik and her hands were shaking.

Reznik walked closer to her.

"What are you? Deaf! I said let's go!

Reznik grabbed her by the hair and yanked her forwards. She didn't get a chance to balance herself and her body hit the floor. Her head hurt from the impact but she didn't want to stay on the ground in fear of what Reznik would do next. She scurried to where Reznik waited by the door and took one last look at her squad. Nugget and Teacup were sat on her bed clenching eachother. Pound cake stood at the foot of his bunk trying to look everywhere but where the blood was. Dumbo was listening in on the intense conversation that Flintstone and Zombie were having.

She couldn't hear what they were saying but she could bet that Flintstone was talking about how "insane she is" and that "she can't stay here".

Zombie didn't respond. He only watched Princess walk out the room.

1181 words
--
Princess is a major bitch right now but don't worry, she'll get better.