Chapter 3

A/N

I'm working on editing this book and have done chapters one and two, so they don't exactly match up with this one. Please be patient and I will have this one done.

Thanks for reading. XD

 Chapter 3

It was a short moment after that when I experienced the pain of a mark for the first time. Randomly, an intense burn started at the base of my neck, right where my shoulder and neck met. Blinding fire, white hot shot up into my head and I stumbled to the mirror, curious as to what could give me such a pain.

Gripping the counter tightly, I dropped my hand from the place were it cupped my neck, hissing lightly as I studied the red pulsing point. I could feel Damien and the unfamiliar man watching, but I had more concerning things in front of me.

Circular and throbbing, a strange mark had been imprinted into the side of my neck. It was blurry and unrecognizable, but it didn't take very long for me to figure out just how it had gotten there.

“You... you bit me?” I spoke low and evenly, slowly twisting my head until my glare landed on Damien. Despite the anger boiling deep in his own eyes, his features remained set.

“Ashen, leave.” It was a blunt demand directed toward the other male in the room, Ashen I suppose, who quickly slipped away.

“Why did you bite me?” I insisted, feeling like I was dangerously balancing on the edge of hysteria.

“It was just an act of claiming a possession,” he replied, his shoulders rising and falling in a nonchalant shrug. I stared at him behind me in the mirror, words slowly registering as I took them in.

“Act of... I do not belong to you! I am not a possession! And this mark doesn't mean anything, it doesn't make me-” I choked next on my own words as I was swiftly moved, quickly being placed harshly against the wall with him looming in frustration over me.

“That mark means everything. It means you are mine and always will be.” He hissed in my ear. I shuddered at his close proximity, and his words.

I didn’t belong to anyone.

“I. Do. Not. Belong. To. You!” I made each word a sentence through my gritted teeth. He chuckled slightly, seeming amused by my resistance.

“You can say that all you want, sweetheart. We both know it’s not true.” He replied, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. I slapped his hand away, which was a bad idea. His eyes, which had turned back to their intuiting gray color, darkened. He growled and gripped my waist, flinging me onto the bed. I wasted no time in quickly scrambling up and bolting towards the door.

“Mallory!” he growled out behind me. I froze, totally surprised. I slowly turned to face him, shock crossing my features.

“How do you know my name?” I whispered. He smirked and walked over to me. He stopped in front of me, leaning over and closing the door I had managed to open. I didn’t turn as I heard him lock it. His eyes dropped to mine, smirk still in place.

“I have my ways,” was his mysterious reply. I folded my arms and raised my eye brows at him. That was his fabulous explanation.

“Do you know how stalker like that sounds?” I questioned. He chuckled slightly. Before I knew it, I was being flung back onto the bed. I sat up quickly but was met with a wall of pure male. Damien held me to the bed with his body and gripped my wrists. I looked up to glare at him, only to press my head farther into the bed. He was a little too close for comfort. He smirked at me before leaning down even more. My breathing hitched as he nuzzled my neck. Okay, creepy and unexpected. I gasped when he kissed my neck and sent sparks through me. He pulled my wrists above my head. He looked up and smirked at me before doing something I didn’t expect; he leaned down and kissed me.