Chapter 19

Update, like promised! :D

I'm going to apologize ahead of time for the short length. I promise once the plot starts to come together more, the chapters will get longer!

READ WITH A SMILE!

Chapter 19

*Mallory*

                At the current point, I was trapped; totally and completely imprisoned. Honestly, there was no way out. But, I didn’t really mind. Why, you ask; because it was Damien who had me trapped.

 Pushed up against the door, he had me encaged with his arms and was staring me down. His face was as blank as paper, but his eyes were a different story. Darker than average, I couldn’t tell if he was mad or … excited. Both made me a little bit nervous.

                As soon as the door to Damien’s office had shut, he had me against it, and the staring competition began.

                “So…” I began awkwardly. It just got even more awkward when he reached up and brushed a piece of hair from my forehead. I swallowed deeply and winced slightly at how loud it was. I really didn’t want to let him know how much that simple touch affected me.

                “So,” he continued, placing his hand back on the door. “Care to explain just what you were doing in the woods?”

                Uh, not really, I thought.

                “Um…” was what came out. Eyes narrowing ever so slightly, he leaned in closer. My breath caught momentarily but I tried not to make it too noticeable.

                “I need a little more than um, baby.” He muttered, staring directly into my eyes.

                “Uh…” I returned; like that was any better. My mind was a little foggy because of his close proximity you could say. “Kyle… uh Kyle wanted to go for a walk.” I managed out. His face hovered even closer as he took a deep breath.

                “I don’t remember telling Kyle he could take you out for walks,” he said, playing with the ends of my hair. Inhaling deeply, I slipped under his arms at the last moment.

                Backing away from him, I folded my arms. He turned slowly to face me and leaned up against the door, his face still blank.

                “Yeah well, unlike you, Kyle realizes the importance of fresh air.” I shot back.

                ‘Just as stubborn as always…’ That oh too familiar voice chimed in my head.

                Shut up, Tyler I muttered mentally. All I got in return was that ghostly chuckle. Sighing, I returned back to my external conversation.

                He stood completely silent, watching me with a blank face and forever eyes. I fidgeted, feeling more than discomfort under his gaze…

                “Would you stop that?” I finally snapped hating the guilty feeling just that look of his gave me.

                “Stop what?” he asked in an even voice, raising an eyebrow faintly.

                “Looking at me like that!” I insisted. “Say something, do something, anything!” It was another silent moment as he continued to stare. Taking a deep breath, I froze lightly as he pushed himself away from the door.