Rose Gardens...

Ren's POV:
"Geez my neck hurts cuz of that asshole."

After we got back from school, I went into my room where I still have that bite mark on my neck from that Idol bastard who bit me during theater class.

That asshole, what the hell was he thinking?

I thought while walking outside in the backyard until I saw a garden of roses.

"Wow...."

I then walked towards the rose garden and admired their fragrant aroma and elegant beauty.

"O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy."

I spoke poetically making a reference to one of William Blake's poems called The Sick Rose. Then I sense Subaru's presence behind me.

"What are you doing here?"

He asked me as I turned to with a stoic gaze.

"Just admiring the roses, why? Do you love roses?"

I asked him sternly, but he didn't respond.

"It's none of your business."

He retorts my question as I notice his gaze at my bite mark on my neck. I then covered the bite mark with my hand, but I feel like Subaru knows about the incident that happened between me and Kou.

"So you've been spying on me?"

I asked him with stern blue eyes as Subaru twitched at my question, but I can read what he's thinking.

"Subaru, I know what you're thinking cuz you know damn well that I'm no-"

"Shut up!"

He growled at me as he aggressively pushed me against the wall.

"S-Sub-"

Before I can speak, He grabs my chin and turns my face to the left exposing my neck with Kou's bite mark on it.

"Tch that bastard, why did he have to bite you?"

He snarled while frowning at my mark, I narrowed my eyes at him where I can sense his anger in his mind.

"Subaru...are you mad because Kou bit me?"

I asked curiously, but he didn't respond to my question as I can tell he's bottling up his anger. I then reached my hand out and cupped his soft white cheek.

"I understand that you're angry with me and Kou, but I'm only asking you this is because I care and if you don't wanna talk then that's fine, I understand."

I assured him calmly with Subaru gazing deep into my blue eyes while holding my neck.

"....Why?"

He finally responded.

"...Why are you doing this to me Ren?"

He grumbled as I can feel the pain into his red eyes, I cupped both of his cheeks.

"Subaru...."

I said his name which causes him to be weaken by my words with a hint of blush.

"Were you trying to protect me?"

I asked him again.

"Why do you care? I'm nothing, but a powerless monster."

He grumbled sensing his emotional pain that he had from his mother.

"I understand."

I assured him which causes him clenched his fists when's he said that.

"But...I don't believe you're a bad person Subaru."

Then Subaru widen his eyes, but turns to me with his serious red eyes.

"How?"

He asked sternly wanting to hear my words.

"Subaru, your mother made sacrifices during your childhood. She pushed you away because of your father...she got mentally sick after what your father did to her. You tried to help, but it only made it worst...but deep down she cares about you Subaru. She loves you loves so much, but she can't show it because of her conflicting feelings towards your father. I'm really sorry Subaru."

I wholeheartedly expressed my empathy for him as I felt how deep his emotions are. Subaru then came up to me with a serious gaze and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Ren, who are you? Why do you want with me? Why do you want someone that is so weak and powerless? Someone that is hideous and disgusting?"

"Because I'm a monster myself Subaru."

I replied to him as he looked at me with a surprised look.

"You do?...."

"Mhm what I can from is beyond disastrous. I was weak and a guilty wreck cuz I don't have to strength to save the ones that I deeply cared about."

I openly expressed my guilt to Subaru remembering how weak I am as a child when I witness my family killed by the bloody arms of a killer.

"Ren....."

He then embraced me as I accepted his embrace without any thought nor hesitation.

"It's okay Subaru, I'm here for you."

I comfort him with so much empathy and care as Subaru hugs me tight, his thoughts of anger and guilt from the sat has now taken over by one thing that he never felt before: Love.

He then breaks away and his red eyes pierced into my blue eyes that are glimmering from the night sky.

"Ren..."

His head goes to my ear and whispered with gentle ease.

"..Will you stay with me?"

I looked at him with sympathetic and nod.

"Yes."

I kindly replied as he smiled warmly with soft red eyes, we then embraced each other in the beautiful night as the roses are blown by the breeze of the wind.