Chapter 4

Reynold's POV

"Sir, they are starting the interrogations now," Albert said as he walked into the dining room, where I was trying to peacefully eat my meal, but that has never happened.

"You came all this way just to tell me that," I snapped.

"Well no," he said. I sighed. He simply smirked. "Come on, Dracula, smile for once."

That got me to smirk a little. Albert wasn't just an official, he was a friend. Only my friends can call me Dracula. Everyone else calls me Lord Dracula. Albert, for formal reasons, treats me like everyone else when in the public eye. He always treats me formally when entering a room, making sure no one else was around before he started cracking jokes. Very few people I allowed to do that, the lucky bastard.

I stood up. "Come on, what did you actually want to tell me?"

"I also thought you'd be interested in one of the trainees," he said, grinning. "They finally caught that vampire."

"The Red that escaped the first time they caught her?" I laughed, yawning out of boredom. Albert was always excited when the Hunters trouble catching a vampire in the Human Domain. This one got out of her handcuff the first time and slipped away when none of them were looking. So much for my "most advanced" group of Hunters. They've been chasing her ever since, but she was always one step ahead. Vampires like this were great entertainment, until they get caught. Albert, of course, was intrigued to see what the well-hidden vampires were doing to remain undetected, and every one caught was a victory in his eyes.

"Not only did we have an extremely difficult time retrieving her, but she took out one of my best men without even using her powers," Albert explained. "Alcazar, remember him? The guys got a temper."

"Maybe she did karate or something before she turned. It wouldn't be the first time," I groaned. Albert's interest in new vampires was ridiculous. There's nothing that I would possibly care abo-

"But she's full fanged already," he argued. "What I'm saying is it might be a good idea to start training her a little faster than the rest. She strong, I think I could get her out as a Hunter within the next couple years."

"Hunters need to be disciplined. Clearly, that's something she lacks. I won't send a vampire from the Human Domain back to the Human Domain if they've barely been trained and educated," I said.

But Albert wouldn't take no for an answer. "At least allow me to put her in a more advanced Defense class. I've got another new vampire that could join her. Both of them are Reds." he said.

"Go ahead, just don't try anything stupid and don't push them too far too soon," I sighed.

Albert did a mini jumped in delight, but quickly pulled himself back together and cleared his throat. "Thank you. You won't regret this. These two have got potential."

"You said that the last time," I replied. I laughed. "Didn't the last one you said had potential die after an older vampire broke his neck while training?"

Albert pointed at me, as if that action would shut me up. "That one was different."

"Sure," I chuckled.

Albert couldn't help but chuckle as well. "You should really meet that vampire, Dracula. She's got a restrained temper, much like you," he commented.

"If you really feel I should meet her. I'll make an appearance," I replied. I was bored anyway. "What's her name?"

"Her name's Rose," Albert replied, chuckling.

My head shot up. "Her name's Rose?"

He nodded, still chuckling. "I know, her name's way too delicate."

Rose, I thought. Could it be? "Delicate indeed!" I forced a laugh. "Well, if you think she's ready, I'll go speak with her now."

"Hold up, you just got all fancy with your English. What's up?" he asked.

I brushed it off quickly. "I'm four hundred years old, Albert. Sometimes I talk in a way that doesn't match your time's speech."

Albert laughed. "Sure, Dracula. Sure." He knew something was up, but he didn't question it.

I tried my best not to rush out of there. The moment I was out of Albert's sight, I super sped to where they kept the trainees. When new vampires come to the Vampire Domain, they are interrogated by Purples shortly after. If it really was her, talking with a Purple wasn't going to end well.

***
Rose's POV

"Well, let's begin," the man said. I flinched. If I was going to be caught, no one was getting out of here alive, though I wished it wouldn't have to end that way.

"I- I don't think so," I said, standing up. "I need to use the restroom."

"Oh this will only take a minute, please." He gestured to the seat in front of him. He needs to get close to you in order to try to control you. Following my gut, I backed to the door. He stood up, slowing losing his patience. "Are we going have to do this standing?" He asked, slowly walking towards me. The room was extremely small. I wouldn't be able to keep this up much longer. I felt my hand forming into a fist, and my entire body craving death. This was it. I would have to give into the monster inside of me...

"What is going on in here?" A familiar voice said. My heart stopped, with more fear engulfing me. No, not him.

"Lord Dracula," the man said, standing up a little straighter. I took the opportunity to back into the corner. My breath quickened. In front of me was the handsome monster that ruined my life.

"This is Rose, correct?" he asked, as if I couldn't answer that question on my own. As he walked towards me, my urge to kill became even stronger. I fought myself as the man with the purple eyes began to stutter. "Y- Yes, my Lord, is there something wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. I've just received some interesting information on her. I think I'll continue this interrogation. So if you would please move to another room."

"I was assigned here," the man with purple eyes said.

He simply glared at him. "Before you go. Handcuff her to the table. You should have the second she walked in here."

His black eyes sunk into the man's skin as he quickly grabbed my hands and handcuffed me to a loop on the table and scurried out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Reynold," I growled.

He chuckled, fixing one of his cufflinks. "I'm referred to as Lord Dracula, but you knew that already. Now, would you prefer to be called Rose, or do you go by White Shadow nowadays?"