Chapter 47

Reynold's POV

"Rose!" I yelled. She tumbled on the ground, already gasping for air, her beautiful brown hair like a crown around her head.

Anger overwhelmed me, my eyes burning through William. His grin was replaced with a look of worry. Good for him for understand.

I'm deadliest when I'm mad.

I ripped the knife out of my hand, the pain numbed by fury, and threw it at him. Almost as if he just let it happen, it sunk into his chest. I charged at him, tackling his weakening body to the ground. I punch him over and over again, so hard my own hand started to bleed. I didn't stop until I heard something snap, and William ceased to breath. I stabbed him again in the heart, half to make sure he was dead and half out of outrage.

And just like that, my former best friend was gone for good.

I didn't even process what I had done. I just ran to her. Blood was pouring out of her abdomen, but she was acting like it was just an ordinary day.

"It's probably not as bad as it looks," she said weakly, smiling. I shook my head. It was defiantly as bad as it looked, but I appreciated her bravery.

Albert, Abby, and Grace kept their distance, but Michael rushed over. Rose smiled, but her face was growing paler by the second.

Michael took once glance at Rose and his reaction confirmed the worst. Rose wasn't going to survive this. She winced when she tried to moved, her breath quickening from fear.

I wrapped my arms around her, holding her as she tried to speak. "I-It's b-bad, isn't it?" she asked. I hugged her, not answering the question. She knew. I knew. No one needed to say it out loud.

She slowly weakened in my arms. The weaker she was, the heavier she became. No, she couldn't be dying. Not Rose. Never Rose. Anyone but Rose.

The least I could do was mend years of pain for the both of us in our last seconds together.

I leaned in to kiss her, but she pulled her head away. At first I thought she was being stubborn, but she wasn't moving. She wasn't breathing.

"No no no no no. Come on, Rose," I cried desperately. I laid her down, tears falling down my face as I shook her. "Wake up!" She wouldn't wake up. She never would again.

Someone put their hand on my shoulder.

"She's gone, Dracula," Michael said. I let my tears fall freely. She wasn't gone. Surely she would wake up any second now. I stared her, her body perfectly still, but her eyes were closed, like she had fallen asleep. That's what she was - asleep. This was just a dream. Rose wasn't dead. You can't just end three thousand year with a single wound. It wasn't possible. I looked at William's body, which was only a few yards away. He survived Rose before. Maybe she can survive him.

"Dracula, stop," Albert begged. I was still holding onto Rose, just waiting for her to breath again. She had to breath again.

"Rose is dead," Abby sobbed. Her and Grace hadn't moved, but they now clutched each other as they looked at her. Rose is dead...

I shook my head, refusing to accept that fact.

Albert and Michael helped me to my feet. I was too weak to stand. Tears rolled down my face as Michael embraced me, which was something neither of us would ever do, but I just leaned on him, wallowing in my guilt.

I never even said goodbye.

I couldn't leave her like that.

I ran to Rose once again. I kissed her, hoping that it wouldn't be the last time I did.

************
I was so depressed writing this. *sob*

But wait! There's more!

How about that new cover, huh? It's simple, but it still has Rose on the cover. Please tell me what you think.

Sorry to leave you all upset, but a new chapter will be out tomorrow!