Chapter 34

Reynold's POV

"Lord Dracula! What's currently happening on your property?"

"My Lord, should this be a cause for concern?"

"Is there a possible threat in our mists?"

Lights flashed in my eyes the moment I stepped past my gate. I was immediately questioned by the swarm of reporters and worried people who had just happened to be walking by as gunshots broke out. Stay concise, I thought to myself.

"There is no reason for panic. The area's gardener is believed to have had a mental issue that had been present before he had turned. This caused him to make irrational actions that called for violence in order to be stopped. The situation has been taken care of," I said without emotion. I was way too close to blurting out the truth.

"Been taken care of?! Your gardener's my husband! What happened to him?!" a woman screamed desperately in the middle of the crowd. I closed my eyes. If there was one thing I hated to face, it was people crying. Half the cameras moved to her face, while the other's remained fixed on mine.

"As I said before, his actions were so drastic that they called for violent measures. I'm sorry," I said quickly. Mumbles echoed in the group, drowning out the poor woman's sobs. I resaid the words in my head. I think this was the first time I expressed my remorse for someone in public. The word 'sorry ' was something I had a reputation for never saying, let alone feel. What changed? I thought.

Maybe you stopped looking down and are enjoying the view for a change. A voice responded.

I looked behind me, where my eyes immediately caught Rose's. I heard cameras adjust their position towards here, following my gaze. She had heard everything. She has seen me at my worst, and now she's waking me up from a thousand-year-old darkness. Rose. Rose had changed me.

*******
Sorry for such a short chapter! Next one should be out soon!