Chapter 25

Reynold's POV

I'm such an idiot. Why did I ask her to meet me? Why was I even bothering to stand here in the cold? Rose had always been stubborn. What made me think that would change?

I decided to do exactly what I did last time. Less people were around this time, probably because it was a week day. Most people took Friday as their chance to sleep. If it was Saturday, there would be not possible way to stay hidden.

I heard her light, cautious footsteps on the ground. My heart skipped a beat. She came?

Her eyes met mine the second she turned the corner. I saw something I wasn't expecting - hope.

She shuffled her feet awkwardly, her wavy hair swinging. "Okay, so what is it?" She snapped.

I jumped back to my senses. "I just wanted to give you a heads up," I said, sounding a lot more formal than I was expecting. "I don't know what your plan is around here, but you've got Albert's attention, and he's a pretty smart guy."

She rolled her eyes. "I've got everyone's attention right now!" She started to pace back and forth, just like she had done the first night. I wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

"Rose, do you want to leave?" I asked. I felt myself crumple at the words coming out of my mouth. As much as I knew she wanted to, I didn't.

Her eyes widened. "Yes," she said. She shook her head. Was she thinking the same thing?

"Talk to me," I demanded, trying to sound calm. I wanted to know.

Her eyes glistened with tear threatening to fall as she look at me. "Do you ever wonder why we did it?"

I sucked in a breath. "Every single day."

****
Getting back to the regular chapter a day! Thanks, everyone!