Chapter 13

Above: Picture of Beck

Rose's POV

Next test! What normal powers have you developed yet? New trainees, please stand up if you've only been turned for about a year."

Three people stood up nervously. Abby was one of them. The other students laughed and called out to them "fresh meat"

"About two or three years?"

About twenty people stood up then, including Rylee and Grace. The room went crazy with laughter. That's it? They just made fun of hem for how young they are?"

"How about four?"

Two people stood up. The laughter continued.

"Five?"

Two more.

"Six?"

One person. The room began to clap sarcastically. "Good group!" Someone yelled mid laughter. Sir Albert glared at them. "That's not all of them," he snapped. The laughter dulled down. I heard a unfamiliar whisper. "There's someone older that six?"

"Two people, actually, miss Bly," Sir Albert said, like hearing people in a whisper was normal. "Rose and Beck, would you stand up?"

Beck and I followed suit. Beck glared at me, a mischievous grin on his face.

"These two are as old as some of the Threes." Sir Albert announced. I wanted to curl up in a ball. How was I supposed to get out of here when I was thrusted in the spotlight?

"Beck over here has been turned for eight years." Boys standing around Beck cheered, acting like he was some god. "And Rose is now the oldest vampire to be caught at twelve. And I'm very happy that we get some new Reds."

Abby whooped, and a couple people started clapping. I wanted to run. This was insane. I couldn't be a record! I couldn't be documented! I had to get out of here! I quickly sat down, but Beck continued to stare at me.

"Anyway, how many of you can super speed?"

Half the group raised they're hands, including Rylee and I. Grace and Abby kept they're hands down, worried something bad would happen if they claimed they had mastered it.

"Great! You guys stay there, stand up if you didn't raise you hand or were lying."

Abby and Grace stood up cautiously with the rest of the misfits. Sir Albert shook his head. "I can't have vampires who can't super speed. It's not acceptable. All of you, come up here."

Abby gave me a worried look, which I returned. All seventeen of them lined up in front of the auditorium. "I need four non-Reds up here!" he yelled. Immediately, a bunch of vampires were speeding over. They knew what was happening.  Sir Albert selected four of them, each with different eye colors - Green, Purple, Orange, and Yellow. All four of them sneered as they looked at us.

I squeezed Rylee's hand. She was worried, too. All we could do was watch.

"Think of this as a game of tag," Sir Albert said. "These four people can do everything but kill you if they catch you. Don't let them. The point of this is to use your survival instincts to get yourself to super speed. You do it, you can sit back down. If not, these four will show no mercy."