Chapter 46

Rose's POV

Rylee dove after me, knocking me backward. I punched her in the gut, making her cry out, and kicked her towards Sir Albert. Beck ran after me now. We had been practicing together for weeks. He thought he knew my techniques. Little did he know I was going easy on him. As Michael said long before, I fight like a killer. I have been hiding that part of me in my fighting ever since. He had a confident look on his face, but I was about to punch that clean off.

I ran towards him, meeting him halfway. He took out a gun, but I quickly turned invisible. Immediately, he started firing in every single direction, looking for my shadow in the dim light, but he had no idea I was standing right behind him. One of the bullets shattered a window, causing a few people outside to scream. It seemed to by dying down out there. But we didn't know what side was winning.

I jumped up and kicked Beck in the head, knocking him to the ground. I tried to stab him in the chest, but he grabbed my leg and pulled me off my feet before I could react. I landed flat on my back, my hair a tangled mess on my face. He jumped up and pointed a gun at my head, leaving me to look over at Sir Albert. He was handling Rylee, and Abby was barely doing anything like she didn't want to fight. I met her eyes for a moment. She gasped and started running. Where was she going?

I looked back at Beck, who was snickering. He thought he had won. He hadn't realized that I killed people when they thought they were about to do the same to me. I counted down in my head like I always did before I killed someone. It used to be for nerves, but now it was just natural. A natural routine to murder people. Like every person I had fought and killed, he was just sitting there, triumphantly observing me in a time of fake weakness. Five... four... three... two-

Blood spurted from Beck's neck, but I hadn't moved. Abby had stabbed him in the side of the throat, making quick work killing him. I quickly got his collapsing body off of me, throwing it to the side. I listening carefully for breathing. Nothing.

Abby was shaking, her face pale at the sight of Beck's body lying limp on the ground. I stared at her, wondering why such an innocent girl like her who do something like that for me, a person who has more blood on her hands than she could comprehend.

"I couldn't see you get hurt," she whispered, her eyes fixed on Beck. I nodded thanks, knowing that there was no time for words if they could be said later. She was on our side.

I heard someone scream on the other end of the room. Michael had his arms wrapped around Grace, who was startled by Holden's body resting in a pool of blood just a few feet from them. The only one left was Rylee.

I ran towards Rylee, tackling her from behind while Sir Albert was distracting her. I reached for my knife to stab her, Sir Albert grabbed my arm. "I'm not that way," he said. I understood. He wasn't like me. I nodded, pinning Rylee down as he handcuffed her. Abby ran over to help us keep Rylee in control, who was violently thrusting this way and that in an attempt to escape the three of us.

"You're a traitor, Abby! They're killers! You can't trust them!" Rylee screamed. Abby slapped her across the face.

"I trust them more than you," Abby spat.

I heard someone familiar yell. Reynold.

He was pinned down to the ground by William, struggling to break free from the knife stuck in his hand. William pulled out a knife, aiming for Reynold's chest. I knew that knife. It was the same one that he had tried to use on me fifty years ago. Surely that knife would kill him if the wound was deep enough.

I couldn't let that happen. Not to him.

I glanced at my friends. Abby, Sir Albert, Michael, and Grace. They knew who I was and what damage I have done, but they stood by my side. They cared about me. But this wasn't for them. This was for me and everyone I had hurt.

I ran as fast as I could, watching as William's knife plummeted towards Reynold.

I didn't think.

I just did what I had to do to save his life.

******************

Ahhh the suspense is killing me and I'm not even a reader! Thanks for your patience, everyone!