Chapter 17

Rose's POV

The four of us walked back to our room, completely exhausted. I flopped, face first, onto the couch. This was way too much for me. For the first time, I saw a part of Reynold that I thought was gone for good. Maybe, parts of me were still there, but hidden.

"Delivery!" Someone yelled in the hallway. Immediately, four packages came through the mail slot in our door. While Grace, Rylee and I simply groaned, Abby giggled with delight, rushing over to scoop them up.

"This is for Rylee," she said, handing Rylee a package.

"This is for me." Abby tucked the package under her arm.

"This is for Rose... and this one's for Grace!"

We all stared at the packages until Rylee was brave enough to be the first to open it.

"Holy sugar-honey-iced-tea! There's money in here!" She pulled out a stack of money. Immediately, we all ripped our's open. I gasped. There was actual money inside the package!

Grace started counting the money. "100...500...10-ah, guys, there's $5000 in here!"

Rylee almost passed out. "$5000?!" she squealed. I continued to dig through the bag. "Hey guys, there's a letter in here, too," I said. We all took out identical letters.

"It's from Dracula," Abby squealed. She still had a crush on him, making me seriously question what she could possibly like about him. I read the letter:

Ones,

Welcome to the Academy. As Sir Albert has explained to you, the Academy is designed to train you for life in the Vampire Domain. You've each been given $5000 to start. Spend it wisely. As a reminder, you must wear the uniforms given to you this morning every day for classes that require it. Any damaged uniforms we'll be replaced with no charge. Your class schedules will be given to you tomorrow.
Dracula

"So this is literally a high school for vampires," Rylee groaned. "I thought I was done with that."

"Even his signature is cute," Abby sighed, stroking his name. Grace giggled and shoved her.

I looked at the signature. Dracula. Why doesn't he use his first name?

Then my eyes caught onto something strange. Underneath the signature on the letter was tiny writing. I glanced at Abby's letter. She didn't have that. None of them had that. I quickly walked into the other room. Straining to read the minuscule words, I finally made out what it said.

Sundown. Back of building.

I wanted to crumple up the letter. Does he seriously think he can just tell me to go somewhere and I'd show up? No way.

I carefully put the letter back in its envelope. Walking back to the living room, where the three of them were talking.

"Guys! Let's go shopping!" Abby suggested.

"Okay, let's be smart about this. We need to save this money for food and stuff," Grace explained. Abby gave her a look. "But we do need clothes..."

"Great! I'm only going to bring $750. I need to buy basic clothes, so that should be enough, right?"

"I'll bring the same," Rylee said. "I'm a horrible spender."