Chapter 11

Rose's POV

The silence in the room only made the sound of my heart beating seem like thunder. I felt my heart and mind battle with each other - my heart telling me to run, but my mind telling me I had no choice but to lie. Somehow, someway, my mind won this time.

"None of you? I'm not surprised," Sir Albert mumbled. He cleared his throat. "The White Shadow is a vampire with as much power as Dracula himself. They were turned on the same day, at the same time. She has killed every vampire that knew what she looked like and erased any information about her, making it almost impossible to capture her. This is why we brought you here. As long as she is out there, none of us are safe."

A chill ran through the room. I looked at everyone from the corner of my eye. Everyone here... they feared me. They hated me. Sadly, I could blame them. I hated myself.

A boy in our group raised their hand. "But if Dracula knew her, why hasn't he told anyone what she looks like?"

Sir Albert sighed. "For reasons I do not know, the only thing that Dracula has informed us about based on her description is that she's a female and had silver eyes. And that's all we need. There's also the fact that she has every single power known to vampires, just like Dracula. Therefore, she's Dracula's equal."

Silence. Not a sound. Not even from the older students. This was a serious matter everyone respected. Sir Albert continued. "This is your only warning. The White Shadow is a killer. Any information that could lead to her capture should be brought to an official immediately. No questions asked, she is something you should fear."

I wish they could understand why I was.