Chapter 36

Rose's POV

More squeals. That's what I hear every time I walk into my apartment now. All because of who I work for. I really need to buy some earplugs. Couldn't Abby find something more interesting to squeal about?

"There's the mystery girl everyone's been talking about!" she yelled as I walked in. Wait - I'm the what?!

The TV was on full volume, with Rylee and Grace completely memorized and Abby jumping up and down like she just won the lottery. I looked at the screen. As expected, it was a picture Reynold covering up what had happened at his elephant of a house. Why was this so exciting again? Rylee grabs the bag of popcorn sitting on the coffee table, actually interested in what was going on.

The picture minimizes, reviewing a bubbly blonde gesturing to the picture. Oh no. This wasn't the news. This was a full-blown annoying gossip show. The girl continued to talk and giggle somehow at the same time:

"Okay so here's the dealio. This is just some boring news report with the hottest guy in the Domain, right? Wrong!" the girl says, making an 'x' with her arms.

Abby glanced at me, making sure I was watching. I was watching, just casually inching away because I'd much rather be reading a book than having my brain showered with false information from some annoying blonde who is way too concerned with other people's lives to have one of her own. Thank you very much, but I'll pass.

"Okay, watch this part very carefully," she announced, trying to sound intriguing, but failing miserably. The video continued with shouting reporters and Reynold doing his best to answer all of their questions. In the background, you can see Sir Albert on the steps, waving his hands to someone off the screen. I laughed lightly when I remembered he was calling Michael and me over. The woman starts talking over Reynold.

"So let's focus on the people in the background. First, we have on of our most honored officials for his hard work on the Academy, Sir Albert." She sighed. Oh brother. I walk to the kitchen, the woman's annoyingly perky voice still audible.

"Oh, there's Sir Michael. And then, POW! Who is that beauty?"

Abby squeals again, followed by Grace's "Oh my gosh!" and Rylee choking on a popcorn kernel. I officially regret being within sight of them when they saw this, let alone in the same building, or the within same mile radius ad them. Abby super speeds to me, snatching me and forcing me to the TV, where my dirt covered face was blown up and for everyone to see. Why is it impossible for me to just hide in the shadows here?

"I have absolutely no clue who she is, but she's walking side by side with some of the highest leaders in the Domain. Obviously, she got in on the action that took place, hence why they're all covered in dirt, but her identity remains a mystery."

Got caught in the action?! I freaking dove into a hole with a psycho with two guns and a time bomb!

"The entire interview stops as she walks inside. Dracula actually turns around to look at her! Leaving us with the question, who is she? More news tonight."

Abby looks at me, expecting me to be excited. Nope. I was pissed. I storm to the bedroom, where I grab room's phone - the one in hotels that you get to call the lobby if needed.

I looked at the paper with a set of numbers that we can call. Lobby, no. Room service, no. Medical emergency, no. Teachers, no. Sir Albert, he was about to get it.

I quickly dial his number, fuming. He immediately picks up.

"You saw it, didn't you?" Sir Albert sighed over the phone.

"What do you think?" I snapped. "We need to talk."

"Maybe later. I've got a lot of paperwork to do. Besides, it's just dumb gossip," he said quickly. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh really, how the hell are you going to explain why an Academy girl who's been here for three weeks is casually walking with high officials, huh?"

The answer was quick. "I'll call Michael, meet me in my office."

Grace walked in just as I hung us the phone. "You okay?" she asked. She knew I didn't like attention, but she didn't realize how much risk this was putting me in. What if people started getting suspicious?

"Not really. I'm going to talk to Sir Albert right now," I said. Grace nodded. "Good luck," she said.

I smiled. "Thanks."

I liked being honest with my friends, even if the truth they knew was only half of it.

Now, I had to get this situation under control.