Chapter 10

Above: Grace and Rylee

Rose's POV

"Are you sure you're alright, Rose?" Grace asked. It's been a full hour since the pain had gone away, yet the three of them were still treating me like an ill person.

"For the tenth time, guys, I'm fine," I said, rolling my eyes. I was still trying to wrap my head around what had happened. The pain just disappeared as fast as it appeared. Now, there was nothing wrong.

"Just," Abby sighed. "Don't hesitate to tell us if it happens again."

I nodded, though I was fully lying. I had to figure out what had happened, but I defiantly didn't want the three of them involved. They might start asking too many question...

"ATTENTION!"

I jumped, so did Grace. Rylee screamed. Sir Albert was on our TV, and the volume was so loud it could've woken up someone in space.

"All trainees to the Learning Hall in fifteen minutes. They're will be consequences if you are late. If you don't know where it is, they're are maps of the building that were put in every room. Also, you are required to wear the uniforms we have placed in your closets. See you in the Learning Hall."

Rylee was still breathing heavy. "That. Scared. The. Hell. Out. Of. Me," she said. We laughed. Abby went to the closet. She came back, holding four outfits - black athletic shorts, cotton grey shirts, sneakers, and a jacket. Each pile had a name tag on them.

"I mean, I'm glad to get out of the outfit I've worn for the past year, but this is insane," Abby said.

We put the outfits on. They each fit us perfectly. "That's why they were asking what size shoes I wore," Grace mumbled. It struck me that Reynold never asked for any of that stuff for me. He just knew. I shuddered. He didn't know. He just remembered.

We all stood side by side. Only then did we realize that our outfits weren't identical. On the sides of the jackets was a colored streak. Each of them matched our eye color. And if that did distinct one jacket from the other, our names were sewed onto the pocket.

"How did they get these done so fast? We walked straight to the room," Abby said.

"How else? We're vampires! These people have super speed," said Rylee. She zoomed back and forth, stopping at the same spot she started at. We were giggling as we walked out of the room.

"Shoot! We've got five minutes," I said. Our pace quickened. They seemed so relaxed about this. I was terrified of the consequences.

We managed to find the elevator. "Okay, we're on the seventh floor. The Learning Hall is on the main floor," Grace said, looking at the map. The elevator began to close, but a hand stopped it. Beck opened the elevator. His smug grinned made me my blood boil. Three more guys walked in. They were wearing outfits similar to ours, but of course, they were designed for men. Two of them had green eyes, and one of them had purple. Beck's red eyes stared daggers into me, but I somehow managed to keep looking straight.

The elevator made its descent. I could've walked down the stairs faster than this thing. It was an awkward silence until Grace started talking. "So what do you think we'll be doing?"

"I don't know. By our clothes, it's probably something athletic," said Rylee. I heard someone laughing. But it wasn't one of us. It was my super hearing. The elevator stopped on level three, and a man and woman, both reds, cut into our conversation.