Chapter Eight

He was extremely nervous that Monday morning to face Harry. He was sleep deprived and his hair was on the next level of falling out. He was shaking so much, sweating probably a litre since he got out of bed three hours ago. 

He knew Harry had seen it. He'd answered asks on Tumblr about their relationship and even though he'd only reply with limited details, he was still releasing information that yes, Louis and Harry were hanging out. Yes, they were good friends but no, they weren't anything more. And Louis wasn't sure if Harry was just trying to push people away, or was actually telling the truth.

Louis' ask box was also full.  Early this morning, he checked it out and saw over two hundred asks waiting for him to tend to. He ignored them. He didn't want to release any information; Harry seems to deal with that pretty well.

He was cleaning and drying the residue from the cups, placing them on the shelf and watching the clock. It was close to ten, meaning Harry would come in just before his English lecture. Louis knows his schedule well, even though it might change every now and again. Harry has this system that he follows and Louis some times had to remind Harry what he had to do next. It was almost like finishing each other's sentences. 

Louis knows the moment they finish each other's sentences, that's when things are really getting serious. Probably.

Shit. He was here and he was looking much more happier than he should be. Maybe he was trying to hide the fact he was so, so pissed off and didn't really know how to say how angry he was in a nice way. That seemed very Harry like and was probably the most logical reason.

Louis asked Mia to cover his shift for a few, walking out before even receiving an answer. He threw his apron to the crate and grabbed Harry by the forearms before he could get to the counter. Harry jumped with surprise, grinning and leaning in for a kiss. Louis blinked many times, putting two fingers on his mouth and stopping him before Harry could touch him.

Harry was a little blown out of his mind. "Is there something wrong, Lou?"

"Don't you think there's something wrong?" Louis whispered. Harry looked into his head, trying to skim through the pages of memories he had. He didn't upset Louis in any way, did he? He didn't remember too well. "Can we have lunch early?"

"I-I have a lecture in ten minutes."

"What time do you get out?"

"At like, twelve. If you need to talk, I can miss out today."

"No, you aren't missing out some crucial part of your study for me!"

"It's revision, so it's not something new. You are obviously more important and if something is bothering you, I'd rather sort that out first otherwise I won't be able to concentrate in class," Harry told him with a sincere glare. Louis looked up, down and around, reluctant to let Harry miss out his class. "Louis, it's just one class."

"Okay, okay. I'll grab my wallet and we'll head out to the Guild."

Harry bit his lip. "Can you get your shift covered for the rest of the day?"

"You're a real pusher, you know that?"

"We just have a lot to talk about." Harry smiled down to him, Louis smiling back.

He stood on his toes and kissed his right cheek discretely. "I'll ask Mia. Wait outside for me, yeah?"

*************

Louis walked out with a flat mouth and wide eyes. "She's pissed at me."

"At least you get the day off." They started to walk on the Promenade as individuals. Louis wasn't sure why their hands weren't together today.