Chapter Nineteen

He doesn't take the car. He doesn't even think about taking his car to the hospital. He called for a taxi to pick him up and race him to the hospital. There was no time to waste. More time, more blood loss, less Louis to see. Harry doesn't want Louis to leave. Louis can't leave. It's only been nine months. Leaving after nine months isn't enough. Leaving after forever isn't enough time for Harry to love Louis. It's never enough.

The taxi dropped him off, tears running down Harry's face shamelessly as he ran into emergency. He had a small sweat shirt on; Louis'. He was glared at as he ran to the counter, hands slamming down to the desk as the nurse behind became startled. 

"I-I need Louis Tomlinson," He really does. He needed him in his life. Louis needed to live. "P-please. I need to see him. I-I--"

"He's not allowed to have visitors."

"Mr Payne said I was given access! H-he said I was allowed in!"

"You're allowed into the hospital, but we can't let you in to see Louis while he's in a critical condition."

"Let me see Louis! I-I need to see him please. You don't understand. Please--"

"He is not allowed visitors. That is the last time I'll be saying that. Take a seat and please wait. I'll call you through when he's allowed guests."

Harry's breathing hitched as he sucked in his quivering lip. Tears were still pouring down his face like the falls of Niagara and his stomach is curling into an unbearable black hole. He sat down as asked, face in his palms as he cried to himself, hoping to hear the miracle words soon enough that Louis was stable and well enough for Harry to see him again.

*****

The blonde haired boy was in front of him, staring down at Harry.

"Harry?"

He glared up, eyes red and puffed for the endless amount of crying. He's been crying for two hours straight, and whenever Harry thought he could stop, he'd only remember about the description of Louis' injuries and he'd sob salty tears all over again. 

Harry only stood to meet with Niall, hugging him tight with a head into Niall's neck. He cried, and so did Niall. Harry couldn't stand this. It's hard. It's extremely hard. It's shocking and Harry couldn't balance himself properly. He's too shook up to think, or stand properly.

He collapsed into the chair, bringing Niall down with him. Niall was let go of as Harry continued to cry into his knees. Niall sat on the arm rest, falling on top of Harry's back and crying into Harry's shirt. This was misery. Harry and Niall finally felt it.

*****

Those miracle words never came.

Harry stood at the counter, asking shakily once more if he could see Louis. He's pleading to see him. He's cried out, literally. There wasn't another tear inside him and as much as Harry tried, he can't cry any agony out. It was all bottled up inside now, and it's making him feel more and more heavy as every second passed knowing Louis was still in hospital; unconscious and dying.

Dying. Louis was dying.

"He's not stable enough for you to go see him."

Harry lost it. He punched the glass at the reception and it only managed to hurt his hand more than the glass itself. He screamed aggressively, earning the unwanted attention from the other patients in the room. Harry's anger became outrageous, him storming through the authorized personnel door into the emergency area. Nurses ran to him, Harry shoving them away disrespectfully. His only intention was to see Louis, and that's what he was going to get, whether anyone likes it or not.