Chapter Fourteen

They're walking down the beach, minding their own business to try keep this Monday as relaxed as possible and to spend as much of it as they can by themselves. Obviously, it doesn't happen. 

Kids with parents ran past, surfing lessons appear out of nowhere, dogs kept on running to Louis and Harry as they sniffed and slobbered on their thighs (Harry feels like he's used to it). Louis grew upset, standing and wiping the sand off his bum before walking away without warning.

"Louis!"

"Can we just go to the park or something?" Louis asked, his tone clearly aggravated. "For God sakes, it's like something has somehow given us bad luck all of a sudden!"

"Why would you think that?"

Louis pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. "That phone call, the wrong milkshake being given to us as well as spilt on us in the middle of a fucking shopping centre! The people interrupting u--"

"Louis, it's just a coincidence."

"No it isn't!" Louis cried. He was the unlucky one. He's always been the unlucky one. The one with the exception.

Harry stood to meet Louis' eyes, taking his wrist and rubbing a thumb over the little bump sticking out. Louis focused on the shadows Harry's eyelashes made over his cheeks and eyes. He was so beautiful. Maybe he wasn't so unlucky.

"Do you want to go back to the hotel?"

"No," Louis shook his head. "I want to spend time with you, outside. It's our last day before we go back and face hell all over again."

"Louis," Harry voice was apprehended. "Niall will learn, okay? You just need to stop worrying about him, okay. Focus on the good things in life."

The only good thing in Louis' life was Harry. He's going to focus on him.

**************

They made their way to the other shopping centre, Northgate, crossing the roads and almost being flattened by some P plater idiots. Walking inside, Louis caught a glimpse of the shoes just across his path.

He looked down to Harry's suede boots, giggling. "Babe," Harry hummed in response. "We need to buy you some new shoes."

"I'm fine with these."

"Love, you can see your big toe. It's already suffocating enough inside those tight shoes of yours."

"Well, there isn't much here, Lou. There's only Spendless and they're cheap arse shoes which break after using them twice, and Betts which might as well lower their prices down because their quality isn't that great either."

Louis kept them walking. Awkwardly standing in the middle of the entrance wasn't doing much help.

Louis brought themselves into Betts, looking at the small variety of men's shoes on the right. Eh, these aren't half as great. Louis would never wear such high maintenance shoes which need to be polished every time you wear them. There were no boots, disappointing Harry and Louis fore most. Harry looks uncomfortable in his shoes.

"You should have brought another pair with you," Louis shook his head, concerned about Harry's giant feet. "Boots aren't everything."

"But I need to look good."

"If you feel good, you look good, babe."

Harry cocked up an eyebrow. "I'm sure it's if you look good, you feel good."

"Whatever. Just buy another pair. You're going to get blisters if you keep walking with these. The last thing I want is you complaining everywhere. You know I can't carry you."