Chapter Twenty - The Finale

"Harry," The director spoke into the microphone, nodding for Harry. Harry stood, straightening out his tux before ambling to the front. His hair was greasy and the bags under his eyes were predominant. He's glum, and has been for the past month. "It's all yours."

He thanked the director, standing in front of the podium. He glared at the people sitting on their chairs, all looking at Harry. There were children here, family members and the odd fans who knew about Louis' passing. All up, there were too many people here. Louis had left so many people behind. Harry doesn't want to cry; but any moment now, he was going to.

He sighed heavily, both hands on either side of the podium. He's shaky and nervous. He looked to the right to see the coffin, on top, a beautiful picture of Louis. He blinked away the tears forming in his eyes, looking back to the podium and staring at the sheet of paper with his written words. He's ready; he thinks.

"First of all, I want to thank everyone for coming here today," Harry's voice was grainy. He sounded like he could honestly care less, but he cared so, so much. He hasn't had a proper night sleep in a month, he hasn't done anything in his life for the past month. He's been stuck with Tyler for the past month. He hasn't gone to uni for a month. Everything's turned to shit. "I-I'm sure this is a little hard on all your schedules. I'm sorry that everyone had to miss out on your lovely plans just for something like this.

"Some of you may know, some of you might not. Louis was a YouTuber, and he was my inspiration. Our story was a little bit like a fairy tale, a few bumps here and there like all friendships. Louis was an amazing person. I used to watch him behind the screen all the time and he never failed to make me laugh. He never failed to make me feel loved and to be happy. I loved him, in a more friendly way. I was determined to meet him one day, and that happened.

"He was the barista I met at my University. I kinda knew he worked there. It was amusing because I'd always go there just to admire him. A few months ago, I found out he'd always check me out and get distracted by my bandana and curls. Apparently, I looked like a god to him," The crowd chuckled softly, so did Harry. "So... one day I went up to him and got my courage to talk to him. To this day, I still don't know what was really going through his head that day. I was nervous as anything. We, unfortunately got off on the wrong foot.

"Louis and I fought a lot from then on. It was a couple of months in when we both just decided to try it out for real, and to see if it would work. Louis was upset that we were too different, but everything between us was that different, we were actually working things out. We had a few fights here and there and I took him out. Louis caught me in the act one time and found out these outings were actually my little devious plans to take him on a date.

"I was always so mesmerized by Louis. I wanted to know more about him. I started to fall in love with him in the not so friendly way. I didn't want to do that, but it kinda just happened. I was worried I was going to ruin things between us if I told him how I really felt. I will never forget the first kiss that we had. I will never forget the first time I accidentally told Louis that I loved him, and then he told me the same thing back.

"I never knew I'd fall in love with Louis. Everything about him I loved; the way he would laugh but then become so serious to listen to what you'd have to say, the way he'd smile at you, the way he'd always blink at you so sweetly when he wanted something. So much was there, and I felt like I knew him so well. I probably didn't know that much about him, we only had a good nine to ten months with him. He went away so early, and I could only wish he would come back to help me with the rest of my life."

Harry looked down to his page again, gulping the knot in his knot and continuing to blink away tears. He's almost there. 

"I gave Louis a ring months ago. He died with this ring on and he's going to be cremated with it on. I never want him to lose it, wherever he is now. Louis kept that ring on for a long time, even when we were fighting. He'd never take it off and made the stupid excuse he couldn't take it off because it was too small. I was hoping that one day, I'd take that ring off of him and replace it with another.